Attention All Baseball Fans

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
It looks like MLB has just recently opened up MLB.TV subscriptions for the upcoming season. As it seems with all Windows Phone-related news, there's good news and bad news.

Good News: It looks like we'll be getting a new version of MLB At Bat for the new season.
Bad News: It's expected to be released "On or around March 21, 2014," whereas iPhone and Android are expected to get it roughly a month earlier. Also, MLB Advanced Media has a horrible track record when it comes to release dates and deadlines, but I'm crossing my fingers that they'll deliver.

So I guess we'll be getting it near the tail end of Spring Training, which isn't terrible considering some of the lineups that are thrown out there during the early parts of Spring Training, but hopefully one day we'll start getting these things on the same day and the other two OSs (we're getting there, slowly but surely).

Also, if anyone cares it looks like both of the next gen gamin consoles will be getting an app this year as well, which is great.

Watch Live Baseball Online, Stream MLB Games with MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So I guess we'll be getting it near the tail end of Spring Training, which isn't terrible considering some of the lineups that are thrown out there during the early parts of Spring Training, but hopefully one day we'll start getting these things on the same day and the other two OSs (we're getting there, slowly but surely).

beats last year when we got it 4 months into the season (I'll have to look at the old MLB.TV thread to check that timing... Looks like it was Aug last year)

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
beats last year when we got it 4 months into the season (I'll have to look at the old MLB.TV thread to check that timing... Looks like it was Aug last year)

It came out at the beginning of August last year. I remember because it was right around my birthday, and I remember thinking what a great present that was. lol

But yeah, if it actually comes in March that would be great!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, awesome (Diehard Red Sox fan here), I live by this app during baseball season... Great news. MLB TV is cool but, at $130 a year just to view my team is a little high in my eyes. If you do the basic one, it only covers "Out of market games" so I could not even watch my team....

Just wish Dish Network would release a SLING app for the Hopper, so I would not need it....ugh the pleasures of owning a WP device sometimes...

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea, awesome (Diehard Red Sox fan here), I live by this app during baseball season... Great news. MLB TV is cool but, at $130 a year just to view my team is a little high in my eyes. If you do the basic one, it only covers "Out of market games" so I could not even watch my team....

For us that have moved out of state though, it is awesome. But their blackout rules are just asinine...I wish they had a way to petition them.

In Columbus Oh I am maybe 1.5 hours from Cincy and 2.5 from Cleveland and can watch those games on cable so they are blocked. OK, makes sense...but we are 3 hours from Pittsburgh, have NO WAY to get their games on any TV package, and it is blocked...and we are 3.5 hours from Detroit and those are fair game. It makes absolutely no sense...

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
For us that have moved out of state though, it is awesome. But their blackout rules are just asinine...I wish they had a way to petition them.

In Columbus Oh I am maybe 1.5 hours from Cincy and 2.5 from Cleveland and can watch those games on cable so they are blocked. OK, makes sense...but we are 3 hours from Pittsburgh, have NO WAY to get their games on any TV package, and it is blocked...and we are 3.5 hours from Detroit and those are fair game. It makes absolutely no sense...

Yeah, that blackout rules are garbage, especially the national blackout weekends. Those are the worst! I thought I had heard that they were changing the blackout rules, but I just looked at them and I was either misinformed or they haven't updated the page yet. Still though, getting to see 150-something games is better than no games at all.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Just wish Dish Network would release a SLING app for the Hopper, so I would not need it....ugh the pleasures of owning a WP device sometimes...

If I'm not understanding the issue, please correct me, but why not just use the Sling app for WP? I have one and it works great.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not understanding the issue, please correct me, but why not just use the Sling app for WP? I have one and it works great.

Because he doesn't have a slingbox, he has a hopper, and wants a SLING -like- app for his Dish Network Hopper.

That is how I took it after reading it 2 times because I thought the same thing..."But we DO have a SLING app on WP."

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Interesting that they don't mention Windows 8 / Windows RT at all, since there already is (still) an MLB.tv app in the WinRT store. Admittedly, it was a terrible app and didn't include the At Bat stuff (it only worked to stream games) but I'd think they'd mention it.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that they don't mention Windows 8 / Windows RT at all, since there already is (still) an MLB.tv app in the WinRT store. Admittedly, it was a terrible app and didn't include the At Bat stuff (it only worked to stream games) but I'd think they'd mention it.

That is because you COULD watch the games on your Windows 8 laptop/PC/tablet via the browser and you could get away with just paying the non-premium price. They don't want to advertise that I guess.

Jeebus137

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
At least At Bat 13 is still updating news and Spring Training scores. I don't remember my iOS versions a couple years back doing that.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The new app is out for iOS and Android, but the '13 version of the app still supports live streaming on Windows Phone! I'm watching my Indians against the Reds right now. BASEBALL IS BACK! :)

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The new version of the app is out today. Better in nearly every way. Supports the newer Gameday views, includes audio and video with an MLB.tv subscription, push notifications for teams... just by first glance it's drastically better in every way.It'll show up as an update to At Bat 13 if you already have that installed.At Bat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

GREAT! Thanks! Downloading now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium