WP 8.1 Coloured Start Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just found this screenshot whilst trawling the #windows phone tag on tumblr... (my appologies if its already been posted)

If the Spanish site that posted it is to be believed, this here is a screenshot from the Nokia Moneypenny, the dual-sim, on screen buttons device Nokia will launch with WindowsPhone 8.1.

It shows the volume controls, and on screen buttons that have both surfaced in previous leaks, but what i'm mosy excited about is the COLOURED BACKGROUND FOR THE START SCREEN!

wp-8.1-volumen.png

I'd personally love having a secondary accent colour for a background (though i'd still prefer an image bg).
What are your thoughts on this? Does the start screen need background accent colour?

Source: http://nokialumia.es/2014/02/03/mas...e-8-1-o-blue-botonera-tactil-control-volumen/

Last edited:

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yea, kinda of old news got debated heavily during the past week or two, but yet I would love a secondary color, Options is always good. :D

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just found this screenshot whilst trawling the #windows phone tag on tumblr... (my appologies if its already been posted)

If the Spanish site that posted it is to be believed, this here is a screenshot from the Nokia Moneypenny, the dual-sim, on screen buttons device Nokia will launch with WindowsPhone 8.1.

It shows the volume controls, and on screen buttons that have both surfaced in previous leaks, but what i'm mosy excited about is the COLOURED BACKGROUND FOR THE START SCREEN!

View attachment 56284

I'd personally love having a secondary accent colour for a background (though i'd still prefer an image bg).
What are your thoughts on this? Does the start screen need background accent colour?

Source: http://nokialumia.es/2014/02/03/mas...e-8-1-o-blue-botonera-tactil-control-volumen/

Already concluded to be fake.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind it. Why not?
The coour combo in the pic actually works well, I think. But, yeah, that pic is fake. It's from some "insider" who kept tripping over his own lies.

Kubiubo

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Like others have said, its fake, the biggest thing being the space between tiles is too wide, the musical note graphic is ever-so-slightly different from the real thing and the status bar is different in Windows Phone 8.1, according to Tom Warren. However, I think more options would be nice.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'm not opposed to more options, I doubt I'd find any colors that I'd rather switch to. I think that pink color background distracts my eyes from the tiles. But if everyone is saying it's fake, then I guess it doesn't matter.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded this. I sense some major copyright infringement issues once the official app is released.

Copyright infringement because this isn't the real game? Or from the art in Flappy Bird itself? Hasn't the game been out a year?

Edit: I know what you mean. I guess this is a fake.

Last edited:

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
While the picture itself is confirmed to be fake, everything it shows, as well as what it looks like, is set to be released with WP8.1.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 56284

I think having background images on any phone is unnecessary, especially on Windows Phone because of the small gaps that tiles leave means you would see barely any of the picture. Also, if you make your start screen 'taller', for a lack of better a word, the image would either have to be scaled up or tiled like you could do on a Windows desktop screen, which in my opinion, makes the image, or whatever you can see of it, unappealing. I think phone background images are unnecessary in general because a phone's start/home screen is meant for quick navigation to another app, so you wouldn't even see it that much (even though on WindowsPhine you spend a little more time on the start screen checking live tiles).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786