How to activate Driving Mode manually??

Santhosh L720

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The new Driving mode from GD3 update is a usefull feature.
Driving mode: Enabling this will 1. Reject calls and(or) texts while driving. 2. Auto replies to calls and texts while driving.

But I gets enabled only when connected to a bluetooth device.. I am confused "why"....??
Why cannnot this be activated Manually??

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
as it used only when u connect with Bluetooth otherwise what is the use of driving mode & how without Bluetooth our phone call reject
The new Driving mode from GD3 update is a usefull feature.
Driving mode: Enabling this will 1. Reject calls and(or) texts while driving. 2. Auto replies to calls and texts while driving.

But I gets enabled only when connected to a bluetooth device.. I am confused "why"....??
Why cannnot this be activated Manually??

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can activate/deactivate Driving Mode manually. Just enter settings > drive mode and toggle it on/off. Bluetooth is only needed for the automatic driving mode and would sync to the head in your car, if you have one. You can still turn this feature on and off manually and get the auto text reply function.

I've tried 3 different tile maker apps: skinnery, wiztiles and custom tile maker - none of which allow the option of a tile that leads directly to Driving Mode. Lobby the dev who makes your favorite tile maker app to change that.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You can activate/deactivate Driving Mode manually. Just enter settings > drive mode and toggle it on/off. Bluetooth is only needed for the automatic driving mode and would sync to the head in your car, if you have one. You can still turn this feature on and off manually and get the auto text reply function.

I've tried 3 different tile maker apps: skinnery, wiztiles and custom tile maker - none of which allow the option of a tile that leads directly to Driving Mode. Lobby the dev who makes your favorite tile maker app to change that.

Um, no. You can manually toggle Driving Mode off but you cannot manually toggle it on. You must have a bluetooth device that it will connect to to turn it on.

And, you can pin a Driving Mode tile to the start screen directly from the Driving Mode settings page.

Santhosh L720

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Um, no. You can manually toggle Driving Mode off but you cannot manually toggle it on. You must have a bluetooth device that it will connect to to turn it on.

And, you can pin a Driving Mode tile to the start screen directly from the Driving Mode settings page.
Thanks for your vote. As you see, thats the problem... Its some thing interesting, we can do something Automatically, but not mannually???? kinda listening for the 1st time

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately you are correct. I tested it out for myself.

I suppose that means only those with Bluetooth enabled vehicles need to stay safe while driving?

That is really a poor setup.

Santhosh L720

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
as it used only when u connect with Bluetooth otherwise what is the use of driving mode & how without Bluetooth our phone call reject
When I am auto rejecting the call frm the phone itself, what is the need of Bluetooth or any other headset? Actually the setting gets activated when a bluetooth DEVICE connects to our phone, not necessaryly a blue tooth hadset, can be a car bluetooth system. I tested using my laptop bluetooth :p :D. As as Bluetooth is just being used as a trigger to activate it, why not a simple manual on/off??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium