My opinion on WP

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the biggest WP supporters, but in my opinion WP8(especially) was not ready to be released. WP 8.1 is really really late to the party. I mean, we have to wait till April to get a software "close" to that of the iPhone and Andriod when it comes to features. This update was meant to be what WP8 should have been. If it came out then, WP would have been in a better position than it is now. It's really difficult getting people to switch because the appeal for WP dies fast cause of its lack of basic features. Yes it is unique, yes it is smooth but something as little as a notification center should have been there from the get go. This is the reason I haven't upgraded from my HTC Titan cause I'm waiting for an update that is good enough for me to make the switch. WP8.1 seems to be the answer for me and I hope most of the rumored features are true. I also hope WPs marketshare increases after the 8.1 update but the truth is right now, WP deserves to be 3rd place.

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess I am late to the party as well having purchased a Lumia 925 on ATT in December. I immediately updated to GDR3 and then in January it was updated to black by ATT so as far as updates go, not bad. My Glance is set to peek, screen tells me if I have missed stuff like calls, text, emails etc. Then the live tiles tell you info also, so not too sure it is so far behind the notification system for android. That's just me.

I do think WP needs to speed up the update cycle because the natives are getting restless and want to see things moving quicker. iOS hit in 2007 and Android in 2008 not sure when WP hit but my impression is it is moving slower and needs to pick up the pace just a tad.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes feel everyone keeps using Android or iOS as the metric and that WP has to mimic it feature for feature, disregarding what unique features it has that the others dont. Everyone talks about catching up, but i feel its just not as clear cut as "being behind"

Ah you have an HTC Titan, well feel free to upgrade, all current 8 handsets have been confirmed to be upgradeable to 8.1, unless you're holding out for the x30 lineup, which I hope comes out with 8.1, then I would probably wait to see.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes feel everyone keeps using Android or iOS as the metric and that WP has to mimic it feature for feature, disregarding what unique features it has that the others dont. Everyone talks about catching up, but i feel its just not as clear cut as "being behind"

Ah you have an HTC Titan, well feel free to upgrade, all current 8 handsets have been confirmed to be upgradeable to 8.1, unless you're holding out for the x30 lineup, which I hope comes out with 8.1, then I would probably wait to see.

Yeah, I'm actually waiting for one that comes with the 8.1...in a couple of months (hopefully by may) I would finally lay my Titan to rest

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786