How do I sign out of my Microsoft Account?

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to sign out of my Microsoft Account that I signed in on the phone or does the account remained signed on once I've added it to the phone and there's no way of signing out?

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Why do you want to "sign out"?

As I understand it the only way to remove a phone from the activation MS account is with a hard reset. I did this when I wanted to change the MS account tied to to my 928.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You have to reset the phone. It's a complete asinine move from MS.

I am sure there's other things to consider. The first thing that comes to mind is signing out of your account and signing into another account to get applications or music that another paid for.

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I am sure there's other things to consider. The first thing that comes to mind is signing out of your account and signing into another account to get applications or music that another paid for.
yeah so? I have two accounts for my iPhone as well. One is for USA region and another for my local region. I have a gift card setup for the USA account and my CC for the local account. Lots of times something is available in the US store. I just simply log out and login to the other account.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
yeah so? I have two accounts for my iPhone as well. One is for USA region and another for my local region. I have a gift card setup for the USA account and my CC for the local account. Lots of times something is available in the US store. I just simply log out and login to the other account.

I understand and if that option is critical for your situation, iPhone is your best option.

Streethawk2

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way to sign out of my Microsoft Account that I signed in on the phone or does the account remained signed on once I've added it to the phone and there's no way of signing out?

Go to the homepage click home, you'll see three things listed in front of you. look at the top right-hand corner make sure you're at the homepage, look at the top right-hand corner, if you have a picture there click on your picture if you don't have a picture there click on your name it will say sign out scroll down to sign out click it you're done. Yes you can sign out of your Microsoft account on your cell phone on your computer on your tablet everywhere I will be foolish for them not to let you sign out. It's also security risk for them and you.. Good luck guys.

FM

odarn

Mar 24, 2018
Visit site
Go to the homepage click home, you'll see three things listed in front of you. look at the top right-hand corner make sure you're at the homepage, look at the top right-hand corner, if you have a picture there click on your picture if you don't have a picture there click on your name it will say sign out scroll down to sign out click it you're done. Yes you can sign out of your Microsoft account on your cell phone on your computer on your tablet everywhere I will be foolish for them not to let you sign out. It's also security risk for them and you.. Good luck guys.

FM

What MS does not tell you is that you must uncheck the automatic signing in on ANY account. Therefore, if you have saved the password of your email account to sign in automatically, it will sign you in in ALL MS accounts.
BUT IT WILL SIGN YOU OUT ONLY ONE ACCOUNT AT THE TIME!

Sneaky, right?

odarn

Mar 24, 2018
Visit site
What MS does not tell you is that you must uncheck the automatic signing in on ANY account. Therefore, if you have saved the password of your email account to sign in automatically, it will sign you in in ALL MS accounts.
BUT IT WILL SIGN YOU OUT ONLY ONE ACCOUNT AT THE TIME!

Sneaky, right?

it seems that just logging in on your outlook account with IE will start the whole charade again!
Is MS trying to give people reasons not to use their products?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism