yet another thread about transferring playlists

mgh48

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have had a Nokia Lumina 521 for a little over a month now, and have spent most of that time trying to discover how to transfer a playlist to the phone. Not a single method has worked, the phone app, Windows Media Player, Xbox Music, and 3rd party apps that work flawlessly with both Apple and Android. I have searched and read numerous posts and articles and tried suggestions from them.
I can create playlists in Media Player, and when I sync the via Media Player, the songs get transferred, and the playlist displays on the phone, but there are no songs within the playlist.

I am using Windows 8.1 on a desktop, and Windows Phone 8.

It is easy enough to transfer music, but I want playlists.
In these instructions, Copy my iTunes music to my phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
it states to choose "sync" in the phone app., problem being, there is no sync option in settings.
Using the "+" add to phone, I typically get some sort of error along the lines of "can't add that file to phone", or "can't open that file".
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the phone app in the hopes that I would get the option to sync my itunes library, but that option has never been available.
I am not hung up on itunes, just looking for any method at all to transfer playlists.

I find this astonishing; something that is exceedingly easy with an Android or Apple device, and Windows is struggling with it. A Windows Phone, with Windows O/S. I shouldn't even need to go looking for instructions, it should be obvious.

Many thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Umm you can easily create your own playlist on windows phone , first off all sync all your so ga , or just copy paste (old and best method ) to your phone/memory card in music folder. Then just open music +videos. Play one of your fav songs from songs list. Now click on the three dots (lower right side ) and click on save playlist. Give the playlist a name and hit entre button (lower right ). Now just go again to songs list and tap and hold your fav song and click on add to playlist. I know its trick , hard and time consuming method but once did , you will enjoy your fav playlist. For easy acces one can even pin playlist on start screen for easy access. There must be other ways to create but I found this method myself when tinkering windows phone last year ;)

mgh48

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I formatted my SD card to start clean and see what I could do. I copied about 20 single mp3 files to the SD card. I then open up the music player on my phone, and there are double and triple copies of a single mp3 file.
I chose 1 song, and did as you said, I clicked on "save as playlist". This made a playlist with multiple copies of the song that I had selected.
Going on, and long-tapping another song, does not bring up an "add to playlist", only a "save as playlist" again.

Wow. It should not be this difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs