Swype-like features coming?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have not heard this. You know WP7 in the early days before Mango had a Swipe like alternative. It was app based it did not replace the OS keyboard but opened an app where you would type text then the app would move the text to the desired text box. I know Microsoft did a lot of work making this keyboard I doubt they will let it be taken over so easily.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have not heard this. You know WP7 in the early days before Mango had a Swipe like alternative. It was app based it did not replace the OS keyboard but opened an app where you would type text then the app would move the text to the desired text box. I know Microsoft did a lot of work making this keyboard I doubt they will let it be taken over so easily.

Had a phone day one, what app did that, do not remember that function at all.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
while more options is always better, but seriously I never used a more buttery smooth experience of touch keyboards like the windows phone 8 and windows 8. it is amazing, although when I changed from a lumia 720 to a lumia 920, I tend to hit the "," instead of the space. and this problem weirdly isn't going as fast as it is suppose to. LOL

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
while more options is always better, but seriously I never used a more buttery smooth experience of touch keyboards like the windows phone 8 and windows 8. it is amazing, although when I changed from a lumia 720 to a lumia 920, I tend to hit the "," instead of the space. and this problem weirdly isn't going as fast as it is suppose to. LOL

Just like most features, they aren't for everyone. I do like WP's keyboard though. Always thought it was the best stock keyboard out there.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I remember something about that...never used it though. Couldn't understand who would type enough on their phone that such an app would actually be useful.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. My first WP had Mango, so I never had that app.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I actually saw this comment earlier, too. I even tipped it to Daniel and the guys asking them if they could fond more information on this.

However, now that WMPU got a hold of it, it can't be true.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Wmpoweruser runs with everything. I have dubbed them, "Home of More Windows Phone News" while WP Central is, "Home of More Accurate Windows Phone News."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte