Facebook Messenger!!!

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My question is simple,as we do not have any messenger app(official) from either MS or FB,so is there any app that can rcv push notifications and doesn't require me to be online all the time on FB?I used IM+ but the problem with it is that it shows me online all time (says that FB and some other services do not allow for "busy" and "away" status).So please tell me as I want the functionality similar to FB messenger that we have for other platforms.Kindly reply.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, the built-in chat gives messages 4-5 seconds late.. Which is a problem for me. And it doesn't show typing and seen thing. I need to know whether the person I'm chatting with is typing or not, cause then I can decide to reply or wait for him to write the message. I think we need a messenger.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, the built-in chat gives messages 4-5 seconds late.. Which is a problem for me. And it doesn't show typing and seen thing. I need to know whether the person I'm chatting with is typing or not, cause then I can decide to reply or wait for him to write the message. I think we need a messenger.

What is this world coming to? Really?

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Your connection must be slow then. It takes a maximum of 2 seconds for a message to arrive, average is about a second. I'd call that pretty fast if not very fast.

And wow at the other points, I will just quote this.

"What is this world coming to? Really?"

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Your connection must be slow then. It takes a maximum of 2 seconds for a message to arrive, average is about a second. I'd call that pretty fast if not very fast.

And wow at the other points, I will just quote this.

"What is this world coming to? Really?"

Ohh sorry.. Actually it's 2-3 seconds late. Still pretty late for me. And other things, actually I need FB chat to be in touch with my girlfriend. It's the easiest and cheapest way for us. And those features make messaging a bit more convenient. I find the chatting experience on Android better than my Lumia, that's it. You may not need it, but many people need it. And it's good to have those features, ain't it?? I mean more is always good.

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey hey,i know that integrated FB chat is good(i use it )but i need to set my status "offline",which,when I do in the integrated chat,actually takes me offline and doesn't delivers Push notifications.People I am talking about the PUSH NOTIFICATIONS so that even if the integrated chat is set to offline,nobody can see my online status,but when someone send me a message then I get its toast notifications.

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Set it to invisible. Offline and push.

When I set it to invisible,then no contacts are shown. :-\.And offline means opting out of all connected accounts,"busy" and "away" seems to work only for live messenger and not facebook,as it still shows with the "green" dot in chat list of my frnds.Is there any workaround,so that i can rcv messages frm FB even when I am not online.?

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow... Just wow... Dude, you're better off with another OS. He said that you can keep yourself invisible.

That way you can send and receive messages, so what's the problem?

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yet you can still search for a contact that you want to speak to by using the (+) on the bottom of the messaging screen and send and receive messages.

But will I get push messages back when I am "invisible" and someone on FB messages me?

I tried setting to "invisible",tapped on "+" and sent a message to a friends,guess what-message didnt go,and it was showing "try again",but when I again changed back to "available",the same message went without any problem......

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
The last time I experimented with the horrendous built in chat, I found out that keeping your status 'away' will let you view online contacts, but you will appear offline to them. You will still be able to chat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)