Any changes to music player?

netko

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 is my first smartphone, my previous phone being Nokia N95. Music player is very important to me personally and, tbh it's my fault for thinking Music player had the same feature older, non-smartphones had and not making sure.

While I like almost everything about my new-ish phone(even facebook is fixed now) I have to say I am horribly disappointed in music player.
I don't use any player besides Nokia's original one. I tried a few players from the store but they were worse or equally bad.

First thing I don't like is that half the time I would click rewind half a millimeter outside its designated space so when I would move my finger it would take me to the next song. This is incredibly annoying and easily solvable by making "slide to skip to next song" possible only when you click on album photo.
Another thing I minded is that you can't easily create a playlist. You can't just click on 5 songs-> create playlist and done. Why do I have to first put it on currently playing list? It's not much but it's tedious.
I also think there should be option to make "recently added" (or "new" idk, my phone is not in English) single song or playlist. Sometimes I put a few songs with unknown album and then, instead of one song, I get entire "unknown album" playlist. Simply adding "Play as playlist" below would solve this and you get a song tile instead of entire album if album is unknown.
Another thing I don't like is that music control and ringtone volume are the same button. I think we all know why this needs to change.
There is also no search button. I have over 300 songs and sometimes I can only remember middle of the name so it sucks to be me if it gets stuck in my head.
But the most disappointing thing I have seen is that you can not edit song info. Except the first complaint, the music player on N95 or even N90 could do all of these things and those are over 5 years old phones.
In general there is so little options for music. There are a few more complaints I have but this is getting long enough :p It's nice that we get better and better camera with each update (which I can barely see since photo quality was good on this phone from the start) but you could play around with your music player a bit. :smile:

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree. Its really my only disappointment with WP. Exactly what MS was thinking or why improvements have not been made is beyond my comprehension

netko

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have Xbox music app and it doesn't change the fact that MS music app is horrible.
Your post gave me a little hope that I will have better listening experience but from what I see it's available in only 23 countries in the world which is pretty lame considering Europe alone has 50 -_-
I have no intention of paying to download music. Does the xbox music app allow you to listen to music on your phone without having to download it?

It is sad that my "smart" phone has less options for music than a 2$ MP3 player.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos