triangular view in start screen!

may693

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
What do you think of a wp8 showing triangle tiles on your start screen? Awkward question? It's possible! Wait and watch! #mgtl

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just cannot imagine how triangular tiles could be useful. It would not be easy for those tiles to display any pertinent information, which is the purpose of the tiles.

may693

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I just cannot imagine how triangular tiles could be useful. It would not be easy for those tiles to display any pertinent information, which is the purpose of the tiles.
yaa actually just for better viewing for start screen don't you want to look your screen better than other os? I want!

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Triangles would be very limited to display content inside :-? But circles or pen/hexagons... Well... that would block users from creating different tile sizes

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yaa actually just for better viewing for start screen don't you want to look your screen better than other os? I want!

I already think the Windows Phone screen looks better than that of other platforms since we have live tiles. The live tiles are better, since they display information at a glance without needing to open apps. If other shapes beside squares and rectangles are used, then the display would look worse than that of any other platform. Functionality, as well as form, is needed to make the screen look good.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The only advantage of triangular tiles i can see is if they were tesselated (sp?). So you could fit 4 "medium" sized triangles in one row instead of 2 square ones, but then again one could fit 8 small square tiles in the same space.

may693

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
But the work of tiles is only displaying of information? Doesn't it really matter to have colorful triangle tiles over your screen :/

Salehshams

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that Microsoft provide this accessibility for windows phone..
What do you think???

Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_334 using Tapatalk

may693

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I already think the Windows Phone screen looks better than that of other platforms since we have live tiles. The live tiles are better, since they display information at a glance without needing to open apps. If other shapes beside squares and rectangles are used, then the display would look worse than that of any other platform. Functionality, as well as form, is needed to make the screen look good.

i can't say anything for the functionality but the upcoming app will make your screen look like nobody's one.. (hotter!) I promise..

may693

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that Microsoft provide this accessibility for windows phone..
What do you think???

ok! Actually it's not actually a triangular one it seems to be triangular and it's going to be amazing(as i tried it on my phone.) :p It's in certifying process currently!

may693

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I think we didn't buy Windows Phone,, Microsoft has bought us.

man don't say like this :D I am a big fan of microsoft! ;) but u will get new features soon ;) i will provide you with a link soon and you wouldn't believe that it's a wp8 start screen! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro