Skydrive and storage

phillip peacock

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I know there are heaps of threads but I can't seem to find one that addresses this, that or I'm just not getting it.

I have my phone, Lumia 920 with black update, to auto back up photos to the Skydrive.

Say I take a photo, its saved to the phone in Camera Roll and then to the Skydrive....Then again (?) to another 'Camera Roll from Skydrive' folder on the phone.

So each time a photo is taken, you actually end up with three???

Am I getting this right? Are those copies taking up storage space? Can we not save them to the Skydrive without having the Skydrive albums on the phone in Photos?

Cheers

Philly

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if I understand you correctly.

When you check the box for Upload to Skydrive the photos end up under Pictures -> Camera Roll

The Skydrive Camera Roll folder shown on the phone is just a view of the folder on Skydrive, similar to your Facebook albums if you have Facebook. You can download the photo and it will end up in the Saved Pictures.

So there's only your Camera Roll on your phone and Skydrive Camera Roll. No third one.

Hope that makes sense.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I know there are heaps of threads but I can't seem to find one that addresses this, that or I'm just not getting it.

I have my phone, Lumia 920 with black update, to auto back up photos to the Skydrive.

Say I take a photo, its saved to the phone in Camera Roll and then to the Skydrive....Then again (?) to another 'Camera Roll from Skydrive' folder on the phone.

So each time a photo is taken, you actually end up with three???

Am I getting this right? Are those copies taking up storage space? Can we not save them to the Skydrive without having the Skydrive albums on the phone in Photos?

Cheers

Philly

Thats the way it works...the skydrive camera roll is there so that if you upload any pics from your desktop or another source it ends up in you phone..

So your phone will always first save the pic in CAMERA ROLL..then to skydrive and again sync your skydrive !

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I think I get it now.

So no real way to save to Skydrive and not have the folders show on the phone?

I've realised that the saved pictures folder syncs between device whereas the Camera Roll does not - for example if I put a photo in the saved images folder on SkyDrive then it appears in that folder on my Pro 2 and my desktop. However, you'd probably be better off installing the SkyDrive app and creating a folder that acts as a storage medium

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs