Ok before I get a not-so-smart reply like "turn it off if you don't like it" let me clarify that I LOVE Glance. Its one of the main reasons why I prefer WP over the others. However, there is something about it that is driving me nuts. As it updates every couple minutes or so, it creates a "blink effect" due to the sudden change of the position of the info, and it distracts me every time, thinking I might have received a new message or whatever. I am guessing that the reason why the info doesn't stay in the same place all the time is because keeping the same pixels lit on all the time risks damaging due to wearing out. I mean what else can the reason be? Who the F*** would prefer the clock bouncing around in there screen. I work/live in dim light and the phone is always in my sight (hence why I love glance), so it is very distracting and after a couple months of using it I am still not used to it. Is there a solution for this??

I don't understand though, is it just me?! Does no one else get distracted by the sudden visual change on their screen? If not I guess Glance has no point at all for said person. The solution is simple: give the option to keep the stuff in the corner. If it is done to prevent wearing out of the pixels, it should move up/down a few pixels at a time so that it doesn't cause the blink effect, or just fade-out/fade-in while changing position.

Anyone who thinks I am just exaggerating and that I am just being obsessive please kindly gtfo. I have good visual sensing and I think you have to be a potato if you are not getting distracted :P

Seriously, even though I prefer WP over iphone and android, its pretty idiotic of microsoft to not be able to think of small/easy stuff like this (no proper color palette for theme color, epic fail live tiles(sms,mail,call tiles have to be max size covering 30 percent of the screen to show a tiny bit of info) etc.).
    Last edited by Onur Toprak; 02-11-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    02-11-2014 04:22 PM
    Its done to protect the pixels I believe, personally on Amber, I felt it just bumped itself up a half-inch every so often

but it teleports to another area entirely? wow
    I don't think there's much we can do, maybe you can make it so that it only shows up when you wave (peek), in paticular, if you have the Black firmware, since the option to not have Glance on permanently when charging is there
    Onur Toprak likes this.
    02-11-2014 07:01 PM
    Yeah, I know about the peek feature. But I want it to be always on. I actually read somewhere that pixel damage was unlikely with this type of screen even if it stayed on for a long time. I just find it weird that people don't complain about this. I have only one friend who has a lumia and he said it was annoying as well. And if anyone thinks about suggesting, no, I do not want to change the display color.
    02-11-2014 07:52 PM
    I was incorrect when I said from bottom left corner to top right (edited that). It just goes all the way up and down moving every couple minutes. It is about half an inch as you have said, but that is a half inch sudden jump every 2-3 minutes, and that is enough to cause distraction. I realize it frequently even if I am not looking at it directly and then involuntarily check the screen.
    02-11-2014 08:19 PM
    I personally do not find this annoying at all. But I also do not look at my phone constantly, i only "glance" at it every once in a while. Im sure they tested stationary glance screens and ran into issues with it, because there is no reason to move it around otherwise.
    02-11-2014 08:27 PM
    Pixel damage is on AMOLED, I think, and not LCD.
    02-11-2014 08:35 PM