a month of WP8

aserbulea

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Being a WP8 user for the last month (i used to be an Android user) I thought I should write my opinions on the OS.

I want to start by saying that I am absolutely in love with my new phone (Nokia Lumia 625) and the OS. It moves really fast, it has a very big screen, and it never feels like 512 MB of RAM :)

The app & games collecion in the store is more than enaugh for my needs.

There are, obviously, things that i don't like about the OS, like the fact that you can't select different volumes for ringtone and media or the fact that video & audio players don't have scrubbing option, but they all have been talked about and many of them will be history after WP 8.1

The biggest problem I had with the phone was the random rebooting issue (once-twice a day). At first i didn't know why it was happening, but after i read some forums, it turned out it was the nokia folder app. After removing this app, my phone didn't reboot at all for 5-6 days. Then it started rebooting again, and i started thinking what i changed in theese days that made the phone reboot again. I rememberd setting the lockscreen image to be loaded from bing (and changed daily) - as i think many of you had. I undid this, and set a photo as a lockscreen background, and, now i am the proud awner of a telephone that hadn't rebooted once in the last 7 days.

So, if you are looking for a solution for the rebooting issue, try this one: don't set any aplication as the lockscreed background. for me, this is what rebooted the phone. i tried with a weather app and it started rebooting again. I now have a picture from my phone set as background of the lockscreen, the clock and the notofications from mail, messeges, what's app and phone calls, and as i said, in 7 days, no rebooting :)

Bottomline: i'm very proud of my phone, I love WP8 and I can't wait for WP8.1 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro