2 Headphone Questions

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have recently started going to the gym more often and using my phone as an MP3 player. I apparently did not know that Windows phones dont use the same connector as other phone companies - as all my headphones have issues with my Lumia's.

My SkullCandy Aviators can pause/play music - but no other controls work and the mic doesnt work. It has a detachable cable - so can I just order a WP compatible cable?

I also have about ~4 pairs of in-ear headphones (Samsung, Skull Candy, Seisenhaur) none of them fully control the phone for calling and music. What do I need to look for when purchasing some new in-ear headphones? Is there a certain 'standard' or product description?

Thanks for the help!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Every Urbanears, Harman Kardon work with my HTC 8S.

Since you have a Lumia, the Urbanears also include a Nokia adaptor. They do work 100% with my 610 and 520 without the adaptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Only iPhone is the outlier. Headphones designed for iPhones can't be used for any other phones. The Mic and Ground connectors are swapped by Apple for obvious reasons (so you can't use elsewhere).

Nokia is not that special. It's headphone plug uses the common layout as Android phones.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Only iPhone is the outlier. Headphones designed for iPhones can't be used for any other phones. The Mic and Ground connectors are swapped by Apple for obvious reasons (so you can't use elsewhere).

Nokia is not that special. It's headphone plug uses the common layout as Android phones.

I have a Harman Kardon SOHO, designed for the iPhone and works with all my mobile phones.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Harman Kardon SOHO, designed for the iPhone and works with all my mobile phones.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk
If that's the case, why there are two different versions, one for iPhone, one for android? It may work some how but not completely working right because of the swapped connectors.
Which is probably why op had so much problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon