2014 thread for car stereo interfacing

Bullnugget

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So, my searches have led me to threads a year or more older, and well, a lot of new things with Windows Phone 8 has been happening....

I am on the search for a touch screen double din headunit, preferably with dvd/navigation built in. I have also emailed Pioneer and Kenwood asking about windows phone capabilities with no answers....

What I want: It would be nice if the windows phone community would get support like iPhone does with being able to control their music through the headunit.
I listen to the Xbox music app in my car now through a AUX cable, I have read that my Lumia 920 does not play music through the usb. I would like to be able to play my music and control which playlist, skip and fast forward or reverse a song all by touching the head unit, would this work with Bluetooth alone? I have a Bluetooth aftermarket single din in my truck, but through Bluetooth it only plays on the front speakers. Doesn't sound that great either. My car has a very nice sound system already but the factory head unit only has a aux plug in.

Are there any new headunits capable of this?
If the newer phones can play through the usb then I will likely upgrade soon, if so which phones do?

Bullnugget

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but I am looking for something I can completely use through the head unit, I have having to pick up my phone switch the screen on and skip songs or unplug it to answer a call

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a similar head unit replacement. I want to know if there is a head unit that can access the voice command (when you hold down the start button) directly.. I think I know the answer but wanted to ask anyway. That way I could truly have hands-free texting. Also, I was wondering if there was a MiraCast enabled head unit since MiraCast was just outted for Windows Phone 8.1 by Rafael Rivera?

agig

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Bullnugget,

I know what you are going through. I have been trying to get windows phone and car stereo info since WP 7. I have tried two car stereos that I thing are the closest you will get to what you want.
I got an Alpine UTE-42BT. We connect our Nokia 810 and 925 via Bluetooth. I gives us basic song, album and artist info. It also give us basic Bluetooth control for music. Fast forward, previous, stop and pause track. We can make and receive calls via Bluetooth. Read and answer text massages. The other unit is in my Jeep liberty and its a Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS. It has the same functions as the mentioned alpine but its a Double din unit with touch screen. It also plays DVD movies. This unit is really nice for its price. If you have any more questions you can always contact me.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Cadillac is absolutely terrible at documenting what phones work with CUE (Cadillac User Experience). They have some database that is by carrier and then model of phone. But its so outdated for some carriers only discontinued phones are listed.

But the good news for Microsoft and WP8 owners is that all WP8 phones seem to interface perfectly. Android and iPhone owners have problems, only some of which can be resolved using various apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa