Which phone to buy?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1020 if you want 41MP camera , you appear to be indian. You can get lumia 1520 at the price of lumia 1020 which is latest flagship phone by nokia. It has sd 800 processor , 2gb ram and 20MP camera , 32gb on board storage with memory card expandable , where as lumia 1020 have 41 MP camera , dual core processor and 2gb ram , it's OK for windows phone , it won't lag since it's optimized very well by Microsoft unlike android. Lumia 925 is same as lumia 920 just with aluminum body.

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 925 is a great versatile phone, thin, attractive, excels at most things. Assuming you can get your hands on a 32gb model of course. The camera is great on it and performance in almost every aspect is phenomenal. HOWEVER. I personally have a 1020 and love it completely. Its everything the 925 is but add on a body I think is more unique and a camera that gives my Nikon a run for its money aside a couple kinks. Its a bit uncomfortable to hold due to the camera hump and weight offset and you never get completely used to it but if you can over come that or like the extra heft (I do😊), the 1020 is the way to go. Aside from those minor differences, either device is a great choice for now. The 1520, 1320, and Icon are perfect if you want something bigger and the 1520 and icon are future proof hardware wise but all windows phones are getting 8.1 and the 2 year old s4 processor is still a beast, at least on this platform.

suraj.das

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
1520 is too big for me. I love the 1020 but its a bit heavy ( 925 is better in that aspect) I am thinking of lumia icon any idea when its gonna be out? and the price too!

suraj.das

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
camera is not that a big issue for me. I am satisfied with a 8mp cam. I am thinking for the future all these devices were released almost 9 months ago. I think if im getting something why not wait for a lil more time and get the latest

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
camera is not that a big issue for me. I am satisfied with a 8mp cam. I am thinking for the future all these devices were released almost 9 months ago. I think if im getting something why not wait for a lil more time and get the latest

Not sure why you would be considering the L1020 if the camera is not that big of a factor to you. That camera hump is a bit of a disadvantage if you do not love the results. If you are a photo nut, then that hump is a source of pride.

I like the L925, but we only have the 16GB version, so I really haven't tried it a whole ton. The Icon should be out before the end of the month as a Verizon Wireless exclusive. As far as we know, it will not go any further.

As far as waiting, nothing wrong with that plan. It may be in the area of June before any more new phones actually hit the market, but time ticks quickly so I agree if you are worried about having the "best tech" available, it may be worth the wait. I am sure the software will come to any of the phones you mentioned, but there may be some improved tech. The Icon will certainly hold it's own over any of the new devices, as will the 1520. But, under the hood, the processors and graphic chip may be improved, as might the basic camera operations.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Lumia icon will never be available in India (its Verizon exclusive ) , go for Lumia 925 (Indian model does have 32gb with wireless charging built in )

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I would wait till mid year. WP8.1 release.

Its close enough to hang for to see if anything is announced.

If nothings announced then splash out on a 1520.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I would hold off at least until the end of the month. Rumor's are pointing towards the Lumia 930 being announced at Mobile World Congress which starts on the 24th, so it'll probably come out around March. And with the specs being rumored to be exactly like the Icon except a 4.5" screen it might be worth waiting.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
oops sry OP
Still if I was in your position I would get a 1520 for its gaming grunt.

You're young your hands will grow. ::winktongue:

Yeah i seen some so called pics of the 930.

Wouldnt that be a surprise if it turned up under the radar

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I recommend buying the Lumia 925. You can get it for pretty cheap (in India) these days. It seems unlikely that there will be any WP announcements at MWC since WP8.1 won't be announced until BUILD. And even if there is an announcement, there's no telling when the device would be launched in India. Lumia 925 is a sweet device, and it's upgradable (like all others) to Windows Phone 8.1.

suraj.das

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
lol. replying after a long time! Btw my hands are big. Biggest you might have ever seen :p I want it to be pocket friendly.

so.. I have a lumia 1020, 925, 625 and a 520 now. (1020 was a gift)

I used it for 2 weeks now and I'm thinking of selling it and buy the lumia 930.
Im confused though. Should I wait for McLaren? :s

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
lol. replying after a long time! Btw my hands are big. Biggest you might have ever seen :p I want it to be pocket friendly.

so.. I have a lumia 1020, 925, 625 and a 520 now. (1020 was a gift)

I used it for 2 weeks now and I'm thinking of selling it and buy the lumia 930.
Im confused though. Should I wait for McLaren? :s

This made me wonder what you do with so many windows phone ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes