Outlook.com not syncing to phone

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I have just noticed over the weekend that my Live.com Calendar no longer shows up on my phone, though it was there before. I use an Outlook.com email and all my calendar stuff is online but just not on my phone. I've no idea how this changed and can figure out how to get my Outlook/Live calendar back. Under Settings/Accounts my Microsoft Account only shows Email as content to sync, which sounds like the problem but that is the only option (Calendar is not there to check the box). Please help!

I also have an work exchange account set up, and all those calendar items are on my phone.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
That's normal to see just Email under your Microsoft Account sync settings. As it's the main Microsoft Account on the phone, then I believe the phone syncs the likes of Calendar and Contacts etc by default. It's the same on mine :)

Double check that your Outlook.com Calendar is enabled. Open the Calendar app, then swipe from the bottom and go into Settings. Then make sure the Outlook Calendar you want is toggled On. If it's already On, toggle it Off then back on again.

Also go back into the sync settings again for your Microsoft Account and try setting the "Download new content" to 'as items arrive'.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, that worked. I toggled the calendar off, soft reset, then toggled it back on and now my appointments are there. But, I had created a couple of calendars on my PC using Outlook.com so that I could color code them and those don't show up on my phone. I think that was always the case, I hadn't done a lot of playing around with that. but what is odd is that I do have several Outlook Calendars on my phone (Birthday, US Holidays) but just not the ones I created. At least I am back in business, very strange.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear the calendar is now showing up. With the Birthdays and Holidays, I have these by default as well, so that's normal. I don't personally have multiple calendars that I have manually created, but as long as they have been created on Outlook.com using your Microsoft Account which is tied to the phone, then I would have thought they should show up on your phone as well. Not sure why they aren't showing for you at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium