Low Storage Space toast notification keeps poping up!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have nearly 200mb left on my phone but I keep getting a toast notification saying that my storage is low. This seems to happen mostly when I'm watching videos on YouTube (with IE11) or sometimes when browsing through the Facebook app.

I've tried using the clear temporary files button in the storage as well as cleaning it with the Storage Cleaner app but that didn't work.

What can I do?

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
When this keeps popping up try checking your Phone storage and you'll see why. I think watching/streaming videos online using IE stores something in your phone, though I;m not sure, But try Deleting the history and wait. it'll be back to its normal status.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
RuleOfSines: It's an HTC 8S so it only has 4 GB internal memory and I have a MicroSD card for my music, images, videos, etc. So to me 200 MB is still a lot :p

eroselim: I'll try deleting my IE cache (didn't think of that for some reason). Thanks

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
200MB is not enough. A lot of apps need extra space to cache downloaded items. All of them will use your phone's main storage. A microSD card can't help with that other than saving media files. You either clean up the storage or stop whinning :)

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It is my divine right to whine! ;)

Seriously though it never did that before which is why I was asking. But I guess I'll clean up a bit!

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
WP8 runs Windows NT kernel. It's no WinCE like WP7. A powerful OS kernel needs more space to breathe. Imagine your PC only has 200MB free space left on the disk.

In old days with Windows Mobile (WinCE), a few my phones came with less than 200MB total storage space. Things have changed dramatically.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Since 8.1 will allow apps to be saved to SD card, why wouldn't it solve the problem? Your post doesn't add up Foxbat.

OP, my phone has 8gig (820 with media and maps on SD) which appears to mean I can have about 2.6gig of apps with one gig left to breath (sensible amount). That means with 4gig you get 1.3gig of space for apps. So, get small apps only. Very small apps. Until 8.1 that is...

UsedPhones4SaleUK

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Windows Phone 8S by HTC does not support Windows Phone 8.1, the most recent upgrade is GDR3. on my phone I only get 606.02MB of storage to use for apps, as maps, temporary files and emails take up 260MB combined, even when I delete them all somehow. I need the apps I have, which leaves me with 99MB free, so I permanently get the low storage notifications and vibrations, very irritating. In the past I didn't have enough storage for the apps I needed to I had to carry around a 2nd phone to keep the extra apps on that MicroSD card, but since eBay app was disabled on Windows Phone, and Skype app broke forever, I could uninstall them to free a some much needed space. 4GB is bare minimum for Windows Phone specs, really cheeky HTC for a ?130 phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720