1. Washed Up Former Child Actor's Avatar
    So far I've seen Andy Sandburg with a red Nokia Lumia 920 in a Jimmy Kimmel "Celebrities Read Mean Tweets" episode, and there's been a recent article about 50 Cent receiving a 1020 from Nokia and him liking it. So far those are two I'm aware of, does anyone know of any other celebrities using WP?
    02-21-2014 05:46 AM
    priyanka chopra in INDIA
    02-21-2014 06:24 AM
    Meh, celebs in US get free stuff like new cellphones,in their little gift baskets at every award show, and from sponsors of talk shows they appear on etc etc. I wouldn't read anything into their using whatever phone as anything other than it maches their style that particular day.
    02-21-2014 06:32 AM
    Meh, celebs in US get free stuff like new cellphones,in their little gift baskets at every award show, and from sponsors of talk shows they appear on etc etc. I wouldn't read anything into their using whatever phone as anything other than it maches their style that particular day.
    This. Celebrities just use what ever product will make them the most money from a sponsor on any given day.
    02-21-2014 06:39 AM
    They will accept the gift as a way to represent Nokia or Microsoft but I guarantee to you that they will not use the phone as their personal phone. Once the event is over and they walk away, they probably gifted away the device or ended up in the garbage. They only use it for money not because they like it.
    02-21-2014 07:13 AM
    I haven't noticed any WP in it yet, but did notice quite a bit of MSFT Win 8.1 product placement in the Fox TV Show "The Following" :)
    02-21-2014 12:31 PM
  7. Washed Up Former Child Actor's Avatar
    They will accept the gift as a way to represent Nokia or Microsoft but I guarantee to you that they will not use the phone as their personal phone. Once the event is over and they walk away, they probably gifted away the device or ended up in the garbage. They only use it for money not because they like it.
    It's true that celebs get free stuff all the time, but I think the Lumia 920 is actually Andy's personal phone. All the other celebs were using iPhones and Androids and the special wasn't sponsored by any phone company.
    02-21-2014 12:35 PM
  8. Washed Up Former Child Actor's Avatar
    I happened to see a WP product placement in an episode of "Hawaii 5-0" It was black with a 'cobalt' theme. I'm pretty sure it was a Lumia 925 but it coul'dve been a black Lumia 928. I couldn't quite tell.
    02-21-2014 12:37 PM
    NCIS Los Angeles - they use a whole load of wp phones, and surfaces - think MS must provide the electronics :)
    02-21-2014 12:48 PM
    Most celebrities don't use Windows Phones, even if they are seen with one, unfortunately. Like Oprah saying the Surface is one of her favorite things, while tweeting it from her iPad. Or Alicia Keys posting from her iPhone while she worked at BlackBerry. Just because they say one thing, or are seen with a Windows Phone/Windows device, doesn't mean they will use it more than they are getting paid for.

Unfortunately :(

I see the QB from the Seattle Seahawks tweeted about Microsoft helping him set up his Surface tablets. I wonder if he will actually use them, or if he'll be tweeting from an iPad soon.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that Microsoft has a deal with The CW TV network to showcase Windows 8 and Windows Phone in the TV show, Arrow. I see lots of Win 8, Surface, Lenovo, Nokia, etc. products EVERYWHERE in that show. So cool.
    02-21-2014 01:22 PM
    I happened to see a WP product placement in an episode of "Hawaii 5-0" It was black with a 'cobalt' theme. I'm pretty sure it was a Lumia 925 but it coul'dve been a black Lumia 928. I couldn't quite tell.
    They have WP's for quite some time now. Some one used WP at the first season ( I think it was Danny but I'm not sure). Last time i watched McGarret used Lumia 920 but we are 1 or 2 seasons behind so they might have swaped phones since than.
    02-21-2014 01:50 PM
    In India, Narendra Modi (most likely next PM of India) - L925 and Amitabh Bachchan (Global Superstar)- L1020 are seen in public with windows phone frequently.
    02-21-2014 02:22 PM
  13. Washed Up Former Child Actor's Avatar
    Most celebrities don't use Windows Phones, even if they are seen with one, unfortunately. Like Oprah saying the Surface is one of her favorite things, while tweeting it from her iPad. Or Alicia Keys posting from her iPhone while she worked at BlackBerry. Just because they say one thing, or are seen with a Windows Phone/Windows device, doesn't mean they will use it more than they are getting paid for.

Unfortunately :(

I see the QB from the Seattle Seahawks tweeted about Microsoft helping him set up his Surface tablets. I wonder if he will actually use them, or if he'll be tweeting from an iPad soon.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that Microsoft has a deal with The CW TV network to showcase Windows 8 and Windows Phone in the TV show, Arrow. I see lots of Win 8, Surface, Lenovo, Nokia, etc. products EVERYWHERE in that show. So cool.
    The Seattle Seahawks are owned by the co-founder of Microsoft, so they basically use everything Windows related over there. The whole team has Surface 2's instead of iPads for film study/playbook storage etc. Frankly I'm surprised MS hasn't already bought naming rights to their stadium, you literally see more Microsoft logos and branding around the place than Centurylink. As for celebs (and people in general) they're real tech illiterate and slow to pick up on how to use new devices, celebs like Oprah probably took forever just to run her iPad properly (like most adults her age) so switching to a whole new OS and having to start over intimidates a lot of people unfortunately. Plus Apple has an established image already that MS doesn't quite have with its tablets/phones.
    02-21-2014 04:35 PM
    On the series The Vampire Diaries, the actress who presents as Caroline Forbes uses a white 928 on Verizon while the one who presents as Bonnie Bennet actually uses a yellow 1020!

On the late series Leverage, Beth Riesgraf uses a Samsung WP.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    02-21-2014 05:38 PM
    Look where I found Lumia 820.

Protesters broke in Yanukovych's house and took pictures of his things. Lumia is getting famous :D.
    02-23-2014 04:20 AM
    Vampire Diaries as well
    02-23-2014 08:45 AM
    Hawaii five-0 anyone?
    02-23-2014 09:35 AM
    me!
    Anant Anand likes this.
    02-23-2014 09:38 AM
    Watching Man Of Steel now and Lumias got a lot of exposure here.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    03-24-2014 09:26 PM
    Matt Hasselbeck is a loyal WP user since the WP7 days.
    03-24-2014 11:18 PM
    I know here in the UK a Soap Opera called Coronation Street, a character called Jason, uses a WP, think it might be a 620, but not too sure.
    03-25-2014 07:10 PM