Hey guys,

Most of us use a 16/32 GB internal storage space on our devices. Which might not enough if you take lots of photos/videos and have quite a few mp3s.

Most of us have over 20GB space on OneDrive. Can you guys share how you manage your files to make the best use of the cloud space?

Do you upload all photos/videos to SkyDrive to make space for new photos on your phone?
    02-22-2014 05:23 AM
    Yup - all photos, vids and docs on OneDrive. Use local storage only for offline maps and apps+games. More than enough for 16GB phone.
    02-22-2014 06:08 AM
    I offload my videos to my YouTube account (private, of course), and my photos to OneDrive. I also transfer them to the computer.
    02-22-2014 06:22 AM
    but what if you want to show photos to your friends, then you will need internet connection all the time?
    02-22-2014 07:49 AM
    Yes, that's the problem with uploading all photos to OneDrive and then deleting them from phone. Then you need to connect and wait for download any time you want to show a photo. I have the HTC 8x and have been struggling for months with low storage space. Sucks. And i don't even have that many games. I'll never get another phone with this little storage capacity again.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk
    02-22-2014 09:09 AM
    Btw, can someone tell me how to get my videos up to my OneDrive account. My photos automatically sync, but not my videos.

02-22-2014 09:10 AM
    Btw, can someone tell me how to get my videos up to my OneDrive account. My photos automatically sync, but not my videos.

Are you talking about videos taken with your phone? You gotta have your phone connected to WiFi. Go to camera roll, tap on video that you want, then tap on menu on lower right corner (3 little dots) then "Save to OneDrive"
    02-22-2014 09:25 AM
    All my digital photos and videos are on SkyDrive. I also bought additional 20 gb because my archive is bigger than 35Gb.
    02-22-2014 12:14 PM
    Well, I don't manage my "SkyDrive" anymore.
    Now I manage my "OneDrive"

But seriously, I actually have enough with my SD card.

Only thing on my Onedrive is some notes and shoplists, since they sync nicely between pc and phone through OneNote and Onedrive, and the general sms and app backups which aren't even seen on Onedrive.

Pics, movies, ebooks etc...are simply copied over to the pc through usb on regular intervals.

In other words, apart from some saved notes, it is empty.
    I rather have my pics and vids and stuff stored on my own local system and manually sync them through usb.
    02-22-2014 04:09 PM
    I have too many cloud drives lol. Google, Amazon, OneDrive, Asus, and a work cloud. I had stuff everywhere!! When I got my WP phone this week I spent some time getting them organized. Now I auto upload my camera shots to OneDrive, but I put my videos on my Asus web storage because I have an unlimited plan and also have easy access to them on my PC. I stream most of my music, so I don't have a huge requirement for music or movie storage. Docs are still in Google Drive for now, but I will be moving them over to OneDrive tomorrow.
    02-22-2014 11:11 PM
    I have too many cloud drives lol. Google, Amazon, OneDrive, Asus, and a work cloud. I had stuff everywhere!! When I got my WP phone this week I spent some time getting them organized. Now I auto upload my camera shots to OneDrive, but I put my videos on my Asus web storage because I have an unlimited plan and also have easy access to them on my PC. I stream most of my music, so I don't have a huge requirement for music or movie storage. Docs are still in Google Drive for now, but I will be moving them over to OneDrive tomorrow.
    Lol : wow !
    02-23-2014 11:51 AM