New Net10 APN settings using AT&T

Kris Schumacher

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting this.

I've been using these settings and they have been working fine, but I just got the 8.1 update and now the MMS has stopped working. Any idea on what the new settings need to be with 8.1?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this.

I've been using these settings and they have been working fine, but I just got the 8.1 update and now the MMS has stopped working. Any idea on what the new settings need to be with 8.1?

This works on my unlocked 1020 for MMS as well (after Cyan+WP8.1 Update 1)-

FIELD SETTINGS
APN tfdata
MMSC http://mms-tf.net
MMS PROXY mms3.tracfone.com
MMS PORT 80
MMS_APN tfdata

todd boone76

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting this.

Have tried all of these for my 920 Lumina with 8.1 update still can not picture messaging to work any help would be appreciated.

brookiesab

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I just installed 8.1 on my Nokia Lumia 920 today and cannot get the MMS to work. I have deleted the setting and re-entered but to no avail. These settings in this thread are the same ones that were working fine with my phone yesterday before the update. I am a Net10 user and know better than to try to rely on them for any help! Hoping for a fix soon by someone on this forum.

dubbaYous

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Try this go in to settings, cellular +SIM. Scroll down to and click sim settings. Click edit mms apn.
Apn = tfdata
User name = NET10 (all caps)
Authentication =Pap
WAP gateway = mms3.tracfone.com
WAP gateway port = 80
MMSC = http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port=80
IP type = IPv4v6

password and maximum MMS size are blank, then save.
Should be good to go. 😃

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what happened, maybe a phone update at some point, but for about the past week Cortana has said she can't connect to the internet when I'm away from home/work. I have a Lumia 920, and mostly use wifi so not that big a deal. I finally thought to check around in System Settings-access point, and found that all the apn and mms settings were blank. I had saved screen settings from when I first set up Net10 so I just re-did the old ones.

Internet apn (not sure it matters but I used no caps on anything)

APN: tfdata
User name : net10

mms apn

APN : tfdata
password : - (blank)
WAP gateway (URL) : proxy.mnvo.tracfone.com
WAP gateway port : 80
MMSC (URL) : http://mmsc.cingular.com/
MMSC port : 80

It's confusing that everyone seems to be using different settings, but this is what's working for me. I just popped in a Net10 sim to try it on my 920. Someone at a Microsoft Store helped me find these settings, I don't know where they got them (mmsc cingular???) whatever works I guess.

I've been happy with Net10, but actually considering giving MetroPCS a try. $40/month for 1gb data

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what happened, maybe a phone update at some point, but for about the past week Cortana has said she can't connect to the internet when I'm away from home/work. I have a Lumia 920, and mostly use wifi so not that big a deal. I finally thought to check around in System Settings-access point, and found that all the apn and mms settings were blank. I had saved screen settings from when I first set up Net10 so I just re-did the old ones.

Internet apn (not sure it matters but I used no caps on anything)

APN: tfdata

mms apn

APN : tfdata
password : - (blank)
WAP gateway (URL) : proxy.mnvo.tracfone.com
WAP gateway port : 80
MMSC (URL) : http://mmsc.cingular.com/
MMSC port : 80

It's confusing that everyone seems to be using different settings, but this is what's working for me. I just popped in a Net10 sim to try it on my 920. Someone at a Microsoft Store helped me find these settings, I don't know where they got them (mmsc cingular???) whatever works I guess.

I've been happy with Net10, but actually considering giving MetroPCS a try. $40/month for 1gb data

Great write up! Thanks so much!!

smithcyn13

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I need to know where you go into the phone to set this up I have a blu win jr and yes net 10 customer service Sucks it is so frustration to deal with them when I cant find anything

NevadaTerry

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your research. I made two calls to Net10 over an hour each trying to get the APN and MMS settings for my Nokia 830 Windows Phone. They were useless. I was just about ready to switch phones or carriers when I found your post. Your suggested settings worked. Thanks again for your post.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720