Microsoft account "Not up-to-date"

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My WP8 email server, blu404-m.hotmail.com, has not been able to sync my email for quite a few days now. Every time I try to sync my email on my phone I get:

"We're having a problem syncing your information. Try again later.

Last tried 2 seconds ago
Error code: 80C805E2"

To combat the issue I tried going on blu404-m.hotmail.com on IE10 on my phone, and it cannot even access the page! So I'm kind of confused as to what's going on. I haven't changed any settings, as this problem just arose out of nowhere.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
If you have Data Sense, in settings turn off restrictions and restart your phone but make sure under email +accounts: Microsoft
"Content to sync"
[X] Email
is checked.
You might have to remove that account and add it again to get it to be up to date or call carrier.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Try server "m.hotmail.com"

Normally if you use that main server, it automatically reroutes to a DC your account can connect to.
I also have some 414bay something.m.hotmail.com, but I alsways just use the main m.hotmail.com server and never have issues.

You could try it, maybe it will work for you aswel.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Try server "m.hotmail.com"

Normally if you use that main server, it automatically reroutes to a DC your account can connect to.
I also have some 414bay something.m.hotmail.com, but I alsways just use the main m.hotmail.com server and never have issues.

You could try it, maybe it will work for you aswel.

So instead of using blu404-m.hotmail.com ( I have that issue sometimes too) I just use m.hotmail.com, no bluxxx-m.hotmail.com ?

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So instead of using blu404-m.hotmail.com ( I have that issue sometimes too) I just use m.hotmail.com, no bluxxx-m.hotmail.com ?

Yes, that could help. I also had this error, and in my case it immediately solved the issue.

After you change the servername, you will get an "attention required" message instead of "not up-to-date".
You then simply re-enter your password, and it will most likely sync again.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that could help. I also had this error, and in my case it immediately solved the issue.

After you change the servername, you will get an "attention required" message instead of "not up-to-date".

Didn't work. Still get the error. After I change it to m.hotmail.com, I press the check, then it reset back to blu404-m.hotmail.com.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

That was a question ???? not a statement. :wink:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got it to work. What I had to do was retype in my password, the server name, then recheck the email box and it was able to sync through. But can someone tell me why this happens? Clearly it must be a backend issue, because everything on my side was correct, since I didn't have to change the password or anything.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
But can someone tell me why this happens? Clearly it must be a backend issue

welcome to the club
I have a couple of Hotmail/live/outlook accounts, mostly its going fine, but there are day's....oh mennnn...
Just dit the workarround a mentioned in a early post, change the server in m.hotmail.com.
I did that and it works, but..........if i check afterwards, it's changed back tot the old settings.

If its a small comfort, its not only related to the MS accounts, from time to time it happends also to my Gmail account.
But it never happend on my isp account

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this problem ever since I got my Lumia Icon. Tried everything suggested, still does it. Even tried a hard reset, didn't help. This is seriously stupid considering you'd think a phone running a Microsoft OS would have no problems staying synced with your Microsoft account.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Personaly i think its far from perfect.
Not only the sync has sometimes issues.
I have linked all my accounts together in the standard mailapp of WP,
and from time to time one or two accounts are just trown out of the list.

I must say, i have the same configuration on my Droid tablet, and had never problems.
So i think its a problem @ MS

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
welcome to the club
If its a small comfort, its not only related to the MS accounts, from time to time it happends also to my Gmail account.
But it never happend on my isp account

Exactly the same for me btw. Hotmail and Live, yes, occasionally...isp account, never.
So yes, def. MS backend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12