I've tried 3 in car kits with a 920 and a 925 and the ringtone is not transmitted thought the Bluetooth device. All you get is the device's crappy ringtone. Now I connect an iPhone 4S up and the Bluetooth devices ring with the iPhone's ringtone!! Is there something missing from Nokia's or what? They were BT 2.0 and 2.1 EDR devices.
    02-24-2014 05:58 AM
    Ironically I read over the weekend that Ford is abandoning Windows behind its Sync in preference for Blackberry's QNX architecture. For the life of me I don't understand why the in-car experience is so CRAPPY with a Windows Phone. You would think that of all the mobile OS's out there, the WP OS would have the BEST integration with Sync, but nooo....

Here's the article:
    Ford reportedly dropping Windows in favor of QNX for next-gen Sync software

As far as BT and WP in general, I still can't get my 928 to connect 100% automatically to my laptop for music without intervention on the phone. Laptop is running Win 7 Enterprise. I can with an iPhone 5, but with the 928, I have to manually initiate the connection. THATS CRAP!!!!
    02-24-2014 11:29 AM
    I believe that on the iPhone you can specify which Bluetooth Profiles to use with a device which is useful.

For instance I have a Sony speaker which works great in the kitchen, but 2 profiles link to it - Audio and Headset. I believe on the iPhone you can choose to only use Audio so texts come out of the phone and do not interrupt the audio. On WP you cannot so it's an all or nothing thing...
    02-24-2014 12:39 PM