Turn my windows phone into a bluetooth speaker.

TheCuckoo

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a way to use my Lumina 1020 as a Bluetooth speaker? The reason being I want to be able to plug it into my speaker system, and use it as a receiver for my PC laptops music. There must be a way/app to do this. I don't want to have to fork out for Bluetooth speakers, and using long audio wires to connect directly are just a pain.

I'm using windows 7 on my PC.

Thank you most sincerely if you're able to help.

Will

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you expecting to have to use your computer to control the music anyway? You can just get a BT receiver for like $20 (iirc) on Amazon and it does just what you want...but you have to control it all from your computer but it also leaves your phone free.

I can't think of anything that pushes music to the phone though...I do not think that is possible.

Your other option would be to find an app that uses your desktop as a server for your music. So this would be your phone pulling music. This is what PLEX does.
Plex | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

TheCuckoo

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you expecting to have to use your computer to control the music anyway? You can just get a BT receiver for like $20 (iirc) on Amazon and it does just what you want...but you have to control it all from your computer but it also leaves your phone free.

I can't think of anything that pushes music to the phone though...I do not think that is possible.

Your other option would be to find an app that uses your desktop as a server for your music. So this would be your phone pulling music. This is what PLEX does.
Plex | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Thank you, that's most helpful. I did wonder if there was some kind of stand-alone BT receiver around. Yes I do want to be able to control the music from my computer, so this option seems best. It does seem amazing that there's no way to do this with a phone I would have thought had all the required facilities built in.

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, your phone is really designed to work the other way around. Still, there are little devices that can do this. I bought a cheap little widget from Maplins (UK) that does this well.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, that's most helpful. I did wonder if there was some kind of stand-alone BT receiver around. Yes I don't want to be able to control the music from my computer, so this option seems best. It does seem amazing that there's no way to do this with a phone I would have thought had all the required facilities built in.
Yes, hardware wise, it is more than capable of doing what you're asking it to do. But the software (specifically the BT Stack, as well as the OS and applications) would need to be written to work in that direction. Even the all customization Android phones can't do that, mainly because the BT stack is written to go the other way for A2DP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss