Windows Phone OEM's (Excluding Nokia) That Have You Most Excited

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
We know that Samsung, HTC and Sony have recently renewed their commitment to WP and will be releasing new WP devices in the near future. Personally I'm most excited about Sony especially if they can deliver something similar to the new Xperia on Android. For me they're the only company that could convince me to leave Nokia for my next WP.

What about all of you? Your thoughts?

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE the HTC Windows Phones.
I use a Lumia 920 right now, but I like HTC's signature design better. In my opinion, the 8X is by far one of the most beautiful phones I have ever seen.

HTC have to support Windows Phone better than they do currently. Then their next WP flagship will be mine! *-*

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I would have to stick with Samsung although HTC have some good devices. I didn't think that Sony had made a firm commitment to Windows Phone yet though.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely HTC. The One has great hardware and I love the speakers. I wish they'd still would make WP specific designs because the 8x is still one of the most beautiful phones ever made. Hope they bring dual-cameras, boom sound (vers. 2) and all top notch hardware and I'd buy another HTC device.

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Nokia! I like nokia's colorful design. They are Great phones with good cameras. I like 8X also, but Nokia has a Lot of software inside :) Samsung's Windows Phone is more beautiful than all their android phones.
Sony is not going to make Windows phone

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think that Sony had made a firm commitment to Windows Phone yet though.

None of them have made a firm commitment to WP. It's as always... MS is sending each company a few hundred million in advertising support or offering other goodies in exchange for their participation in the WP ecosystem.

IMHO that amount of commitment leaves no room for excitement. I'll judge the products when they arrive, but if history is anything to go by, they will all provide the bare necessities required to cash MS' checks and be done with it.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
On the one hand, since my original Focus, I've been criticising Samsung for doing nothing more than recycling their Galaxy line. On the other the newest GS is something I wouldn't mind seeing recycled as a WP device.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
None of them have made a firm commitment to WP. It's as always... MS is sending each company a few hundred million in advertising support or offering other goodies in exchange for their participation in the WP ecosystem.

IMHO that amount of commitment leaves no room for excitement. I'll judge the products when they arrive, but if history is anything to go by, they will all provide the bare necessities required to cash MS' checks and be done with it.

This is why no oem excites me, they are all just doing the bare minimum. I'd actually like to see imate make a comeback as a partner, they had some crazy ideas but at least were thinking outside the box.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Lenovo.... Need a good old Droid 4 with WP slapped on it to get a physical keyboard back on!!

Otherwise, Samsung or Sony. Sammy has earned my respect for their devices. You will be hard pressed to get a bad from me or my family for the Focus S, Captivate Glyde, Note 1, or any of the feature phones we have used from them. I am glad they stayed onboard. I love Sony's hardware. I think it is fantastic. And until we hear otherwise, I believe Sony will work out a deal to be a part of WP.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd probably stick with Nokia except with the ever increasing screen (and phone) size I might have to move to another manufacturer. I wouldn't have a problem with either Samsung or HTC if the hardware suits my needs. A buddy has a Samsung S4 mini which is nice phone and I had an HTC Evo which was also a solid device. I'm not too hot for Motorola devices and I doubt we'd see a WP device from them anyway. For me it will come down to size. I don't want anything larger than my 822.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre