Calendar Date range that syncs to Hotmail?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I can not find a setting for how long calendar events or appointments stay on the phone after the date has past. Some appointments are not going away and some are. Twice this week I have tried to find a past appointment and it is gone from the phone. When I look in the calendar app. on win 8 or on my Hotmail account on web the appointment is still there. Seems that about two weeks is when they disappear? Today February 27th I looked for an appointment for February 9th and it was gone.

Windows Mobile allowed you to set how far back appointments stayed on the device. I would like 1 year, six months at least.
After all how much space does a calendar appointment take up?

Why are some not disappearing from the phone?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
From Microsoft Use calendars | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Syncing Microsoft accounts and Microsoft Exchange accounts

To see the calendar for a Microsoft account or a Microsoft Exchange account (typically used at work) on your phone, just set up the account. The calendars will automatically show up along with your contacts and email, and your phone will sync the following appointments (these settings can't be changed):

• Two weeks of past single-instance (non-recurring) appointments.
  • All future single-instance appointments.
  • All recurring appointments that have occurrences within the last two weeks or anytime in the future.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Thank you. I thought I read all that but missed the part about two weeks.

why then do not all past appointments disappear? Some old ones are recurring and some are single instance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett