Profanities in the Dictionary

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
When did we get the ability to add swears to the dictionary? Was that with Black/GDR3?

IIRC I couldn't add f*ck and the like in at Amber but now I can AND it auto-suggests it if I've f*cked up (so to speak).
wp_ss_20140303_0001.png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I can write the word and not get a red squiggly line under it, so it's in the dictionary, but I don't get it as a suggestion. Maybe it's following patterns... :p

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting. I was pretty sure that users were prevented from adding swear words to their custom dictionaries, but I've managed to replicate this.

And now I wish I hadn't as I don't habitually swear in texts/emails. I'm going to have to remove my custom dictionary to get rid of it now.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting. I was pretty sure that users were prevented from adding swear words to their custom dictionaries, but I've managed to replicate this.

And now I wish I hadn't as I don't habitually swear in texts/emails. I'm going to have to remove my custom dictionary to get rid of it now.

Nor I - but the keyboard is used in many other places where a good old swear is sometimes necessary, not least comments on this site :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3