How to make the most out of Windows Phone?

lathamc

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone!
So I just got a Windows Phone after several years on an Android device. I had the Galaxy S4, and unfortunately, the S4 broke (who knew phones couldn't withstand 8 ft drops... :p ). I decided to get the Nokia Lumia 520, and after three days, I'm happy with the device.

Even though I have the Lumia due to circumstance, I want to make the most out of my Windows Phone experience. I have always been intrigued by the OS and have considered switching several times. So, how can I make the most out of my Windows Phone experience? What are some things that I should do to make it better? I was also wondering if anyone recommended an RSS reader. Any ideas? Also, any replacement ideas for these apps:
- CNET
- Pulse
- YouTube

Thanks!

Gawain

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone!
So I just got a Windows Phone after several years on an Android device. I had the Galaxy S4, and unfortunately, the S4 broke (who knew phones couldn't withstand 8 ft drops... :p ). I decided to get the Nokia Lumia 520, and after three days, I'm happy with the device.

Even though I have the Lumia due to circumstance, I want to make the most out of my Windows Phone experience. I have always been intrigued by the OS and have considered switching several times. So, how can I make the most out of my Windows Phone experience? What are some things that I should do to make it better? I was also wondering if anyone recommended an RSS reader. Any ideas? Also, any replacement ideas for these apps:
- CNET
- Pulse
- YouTube

Thanks!

If you just view videos, the "official" YouTube app is just a shortcut to the mobile site. That said, the mobile site works well and you can sign in an check up on your subscriptions. For CNET, there's no first party app that I'm aware of, but there is a third party option that takes the RSS feed and isn't terrible. To replace Pulse, give Zinio a try. I don't know if you subscribe to specific publications or not, but it's a pretty good feed for news. There's no shortage of news feeds though, Bing News is good too.

The Lumia 520 is probably the best bang for the buck contract free anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion