Sat Nav for UK - suggestions?

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I've finally had it with Here. It's incapable of plotting a decent route. Whatever settings I choose, it goes out of it's way to avoid motorways and picks a dreadful route of narrow twisting country roads.
Todays route added 40mins to what should have been a 2hr 20min journey. I'm really peed off, used Drive for a long time and don't remember having any issues.

I'm looking for recommendations for reliable alternatives.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Have given Waze a go. The routes seem a lot better. Not so keen on the cutesy icons and general design. But I'm a bit concerned that it relies on a data connection. There are some big dead areas of reception here.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Have given Waze a go. The routes seem a lot better. Not so keen on the cutesy icons and general design. But I'm a bit concerned that it relies on a data connection. There are some big dead areas of reception here.

You could try Co-Pilot that has offline maps, just be aware that you have to pay for the region you want though.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I've thankfully not had that experience ( lots of twisty back roads between Eastbourne and London!!!) but there is navigon or gps voice navigator navigator.

I've got navigon for Europe and its as accurate as my tomtom stand alone, and the gps built into my car.

Its expensive but i am sure there are other options... Hope that helps 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs