Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have an issue I would like to see if someone knows how to solve or describe the reason. When I click on an http link for Amazon or eBay on WP8, they never open with the corresponding apps. Why is that? Is that a limitation of WP or a lack of functionality of the apps? This makes the apps a lot less useful.

Thanks in advance!
    03-04-2014 11:10 PM
    That is because you are using the browser, not the apps.
    03-05-2014 01:09 AM
    Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have an issue I would like to see if someone knows how to solve or describe the reason. When I click on an http link for Amazon or eBay on WP8, they never open with the corresponding apps. Why is that? Is that a limitation of WP or a lack of functionality of the apps? This makes the apps a lot less useful.

Thanks in advance!
    This is a limitation of WP.
    03-05-2014 02:06 AM
    That is because you are using the browser, not the apps.
    I think he's aware of that. OP is describing behaviour on Android/iOS where clicking on a URL would automagically give you the option to view that content in the associated app rather than in the browser. For example, if I click a link to any URL on amazon.com (or co.uk or whatever), I have the option to view that content in the Amazon app rather than in the browser.
    03-05-2014 02:08 AM
    Thanks. Yes exactly. If that's a WP limitation, anyone knows if this is an upcoming feature or a workaround?
    03-05-2014 04:05 PM
    No one else thinks this is an important shortcoming or have any opinion/knowledge about this issue?
    03-06-2014 03:09 PM
    It is a big miss for me in wp8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-07-2014 12:36 AM