Weird Storage Problems on Lumia 525

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I own a Lumia 525 and I'm glad with the M'soft and Nokia exclusive apps, along with the smooth OS, with apparently NO LAG. :cool::cool::cool:

wp_ss_20140305_0012.png wp_ss_20140305_0011.png

But quite recently, for a week infact, I have been noticing WEIRD storage problems in my phone. They are detailed below

1. File duplicating in Music+Videos

This is already a common problem, should be known to all of you. I have no Music or Videos in the phone apart from the ones I have recorded and I don't intend on putting any until WP8.1 update reaches me.
    What's strange is the bug is STILL present in WP8 GDR3/Lumia Black

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Other storage in System app maybe named to Music+Videos as I have no music in the phone nor in SD CARD (Proof in pictures)

Screenshot.jpg
    wp_ss_20140305_0001.png wp_ss_20140305_0004.png
    wp_ss_20140305_0005.png wp_ss_20140305_0006.png
    wp_ss_20140305_0007.png

Strangely, Nokia Storage Check has more accurate results and the Videos data are from some videos I've taken, while the system storage app has gone haywire

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  3. Pictures and Music from MixRadio are stored in SD card but Music+Video and Photos unable to access the pictures in SD Card (Proof again in pictures)

Screenshot - Copy.jpg wp_ss_20140305_0008.png
    wp_ss_20140305_0009.png wp_ss_20140305_0010.png

Magic, isn't it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
  4. OTHER STORAGE PROBLEM BUG STILL IN Lumia Black
    The pictures from Problem 2 are a reference to this

---------------------------------------------------------------

Please help. I committed to Windows Phone seeing its smooth OS over Android. But now these 4 problems make me regret it a bit. :cry::cry::cry:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

UPDATE:
    Problem 2 has been solved, I have no data listed under music+videos

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My personal opinion and others may disagree with me. Do a hard reset on your phone.

Why you ask?

Simple, if you had any of these bugs prior to Black they seem to linger afterwards. Doing a hard reset refreshes everything and the issues should be gone. If they still linger, you can use this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-quietly-releases-software-recovery-tool.html

You'll need a computer to use it though. This downloads and installs a fresh firmware/OS.

That's my opinion. There's lots of threads on here about doing many different things but to me this is the best and simplest solution and I know it works. My wife's L820 had the dreaded duplicate songs. After I got Black on her phone I hard reset it. No more problems.

Keep in mind hard resets and that software wipe everything on your phone. Be sure to back up what you can.

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to do that, but here in India we get 10 free games on purchasing a 525 from the WP Store available, out of which there are NOVA 3 and Asphalt 7 are included, and are in my phone. I'm in the last level in NOVA 3, midway through Asphalt 7, and midway through subway surfers as well. Doing a hard reset may improve performance, but will hamper progress. I've considered this option too, but I'll do it only after game completion. Till then, have you got any other solution? :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well you'll get to keep the games but lose progress obviously.

As I pointed out there's other threads but I can tell personally they don't always work. Best to just finish the games and then reset afterwards. Blame the game creators for not allowing you to save progress.

crisstianz

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting this!

I have the same problems. Duplicate photos and music, SD card files are in others so I can't acces music or photos on the SD card. I didn't have this problem with the SD card before. It all started today when I formated the SD card using the phone's software. Now, I can't get it to work properly.

Now, about the hard reset suggested, I have a question. What happens to all those apps that you got free (when they usually cost some bucks) ? Do you still get them free?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When you do a backup on the phone it backs up your app list so once you've setup your MS account again it will install all the apps again. During the setup for the phone you can set up your WiFi I suggest you do that to make life easier.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
This is just a "throw it out there" comment. Not suggesting it's a fix.

My new but used WP worked fine without an SD card. Put one in, it just kept spontaneously rebooting. I found out I had ten days of warranty left, sent it in, and all was well when I got it back.

Sometimes in life, there is no Plan C. Meaning, you want your games, but you also want a fix. Perhaps you will have to give up something.

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay, mine's not a 525, but a 920 (sorry for the hijack), but I'm having a similar issue.

I use "Storage Check" that is with the OS and in Apps -> Settings it is at 6.9GB. My phone is practically filled because of this and I don't know how to sort it out.

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I decided to just do a hard reset and all my problems are solved at the cost of NOVA 3 and Asphalt 7 deletion.
Anyways, I'm happy to have Music back on my Lumia :)
Somebody can close this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss