Background apps running question

MarkBr20

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I For example i blocked whatsapp at the background tasks menu and even with the app closed i receive toasts about incomming messages, the same goes for viber and a soccer app that informs me about goals and that. All this happens at real time so my question is how is this possible if i have them blocked in settings? And one more question, the new facebook messenger does not send me real time push notifications, i close the app and i have to open it to view new messages, furthermore, the app itself does not appear on the background tasks menu, only in the advanced tab, but on that tab they are all greyed out so i can't touch them. I've read about the possibility of having too many apps running in the background but at setting i only have five active but since viber, etc shows toasts i don't quite know how many of them are actually running... Thank for help guys!

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Toast's can't be blocked using Background Tasks. You have to disable push notifications from the apps themselves. Background Tasks can only update LiveTiles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos