Apps or Games you would like to have on WP8

jnbnb

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Candy crush!! This is the new angry birds. Also ASOS, urban outfitters... (To buy clothes). Fb's paper (looks great in ios)

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Off couse i would like to see
Dead trigger 2
Commando D Day
Beach buggy blitz
Real steel
Iron man

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Marrond

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
As for games it goes - something that's not yet another runner/tower defense/fart button which is right now plauging the market. There are either good concepts with terrible execution or well executed games with dumbed down mechanics.

-Tilt to Live (iOS, Android) - game similar to this I can think of right now is TapSplosion (WP7-WP8) and in my opinion art style is greately hurting this game. Tilt to Live became popular because it was simple and addicting, visuals of TapSplosion are obscuring the view rather than improving the experience, although it's still great title to have.
-Sid Meier's: Pirates! (for some reason it's only available to Windows Phone 7.5-7.8 and not available for Windows Phone 8 - and it's propably the best game that's in the WP store right now)
-New XCOM (PC, iOS, not sure about Android) (or old one, although it's much more complex than the new XCOM)
-Heroes of Might and Magic III with all the mechanics and hotseat feature (honestly I fail to see reason why noone did that yet - it looks like extremaly easy money and fame among WP users)
-Games with randomly generated content like Sword of the Stars: The Pit, or much simplier like Binding of Isaac, or games cattering to platformer-adventure-action audience like Rogue Legacy (PC), Terraria (PC, iOS, Android), Starbound (PC)
-Games like good old Might&Magic (PC) or Legend of Grimmrock (PC), Ettrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - we have Dungeon Stalker 2 on WP8 but there's much left to be desired.
-Turn based strategies like Advanced Wars (GBA, NDS), Jeanne d'Arc (PSP)
-Strategy game that's not dumbed down - think Europa Universalis (PC), Crusader Kings (PC), Hearts of Iron (PC) - it's not real time so there should not be issue with controls. Maybe something like Wargame: European Escalation (PC) with simplified graphics (with all or atleast most gameplay features intact)
-Game like Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (PC, NDS, PSP, PS3, X360 - yeah, it was pretty popular) - we have Puzzle Quest 2 but it's completely different game and utter, dumbed down crap.
-More funny text based games like Wizzard's Choice (WP8) - you can play it with one hand and enjoy the story presented by the creator, and in this case it's pretty awesome and funny. There are only 6 volumes right now and all fantasy oriented as title might suggest. There's much room to fill this niche.
-Renegade Ops (PC and X360 I believe) - it's easy and addicting. Just don't screw up the controls.
Board games like Neuroshima Hex which is gorgeous both as board game as an iPhone/iPad game. Marvelous experience in my humble opinion - simple rules, easy to play, hard to master.

Now keep in mind I don't necessarily want exact titles (it's up to their owners) - I solely meant what type of games I would love to see. Angry Birds is nice I guess but not when I have to sit 2 hours in tramp every day riding to work...

Just a few of which I can think right now - In general good games that are not extremaly dumbed down, they can cost more (10-30usd) but without all that microtransaction bull**** and dumbing down the content - there's enough of dumb games on the market already. From that list Tilt to Live seems the easiest task to acomplish. I don't think we need any more running games. I can see improvement in tower defences though as current ones leave much to be desired - think of getting into quality of Revenge of Titans (PC) atleast. Lately I've enjoyed Element Defenders (looks pretty similar to Dungeon Defenders except it has only 2 characters and isometric view - and loads of microtransactions) so it's definitely possible to make something a bit more complext.

As for apps my only major complaint at this point in time is heading towards internal WP8 solutions and apps integration with the system. I would love to have option to "open with" just like I had on my iPhone. If there's anything - universal and non crashing equivalent of iBooks that can read literaly any format also with *.pdf. And maybe new web browser with tabs, tab sync, own media player (built in WP8 player sucks heavily), adblock (I don't use it but ads via cellural is bloody overkill for the data transfer - I wouldn't mind if we didn't have data limits but in this case it's a must), dedicated send to pocket/instagram button, and one that's NOT crashing - on iPhone/iPad I was using Mercury Browser, we could use something like that here too!

Last edited:

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Since WP7, I'm sick and tired of puzzles and endless running games. I'd love to see capcom/konami side scrolling beat em' ups or capcom/namco fighters. IOS and Android has all the fun why can't WP8 experience the fun as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb