Vlc player

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
On a full Windows machine (not RT), what's the advantage of a VLC metro app over the legacy app? Or is it the metro app provided mainly for RT users?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
They are getting close to getting the x86 metro app approved, then arm, then phone.

actually, it has been approved security-wise. They just need to publish it.

Anyways, on the kickstarter, it said that it's coming to x86/x64, then RT, then Windows Phone and (maybe) Xbox One. They probably haven't started the WP version yet, but hopefully by the time they do, WP will be open enough so it can be my default media player.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
On a full Windows machine (not RT), what's the advantage of a VLC metro app over the legacy app? Or is it the metro app provided mainly for RT users?

Metro app should be touch friendly. The legacy app is simply difficult to use on a tablet without keyboard and mouse.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Instead of VLC, Moliplayer should have raised funds on kickstarter for the development of Moliplayer app and made it free. Its an excellent app for windows phone and is constantly updated with new features and bug fixes.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Instead of VLC, Moliplayer should have raised funds on kickstarter for the development of Moliplayer app and made it free. Its an excellent app for windows phone and is constantly updated with new features and bug fixes.

don't know. dlna bug is persisting for 4 weeks now, and still hasn't been fixed...the app is great but the devs (chinese ppl) are a disgrace really. Support is almost non-existent. But indeed, should have been free.

anoop s

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
well i hope it will be free.. at present i'm using moliplayer trial version and i think the price is too high for a video player..

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
when the trial period is over i reinstall tha app.. i have been using it since its release date..;)

oh really ? i had heard this trick works for fruit ninja, but never tried it for this. That's epic ! :p I've been waiting for vlc for wp8, which hasn't even started to be built, and now i can just get to moli, yippee !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos