Celeb personalities on WP8.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is their any celeb like WP8 users? I'm sure Apple have many and Android too as seen on the Oscars when Ellen DeGeneres snapped a selfie on a Samsung? Pretty good for PR as demonstrated by Ellen/Samsung. Is Chuck Norris available for WP8 lol

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of WPs are put into music videos, tv shows etc but is their any actual users that use them as their daily drivers? That are celebrities. Most celebs tend to go for the iPhone how boringgggg!

Marrond

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
"Pretty good for PR"... there's no ammount of PR that can bring more people to using WP if they find it lacking in some aspects - and that's the case for the most of people right now.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
"Pretty good for PR"... there's no ammount of PR that can bring more people to using WP if they find it lacking in some aspects - and that's the case for the most of people right now.

So say One Direction got WPs you saying none of their fans would buy one? Because in my honest opinion they would sell pretty darn well lol.

Marrond

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
So say One Direction got WPs you saying none of their fans would buy one? Because in my honest opinion they would sell pretty darn well lol.
The thing is, celeb ads are not what attracts people to the system. Celeb ads attract grass hoppers - not a loyal customers... and if you think of gaining market share you need those. Sure some of them might become those loyal customers but other than that there are dozens of better ways to gain those. One of them is improving the system itself. iPhone didn't grant popularity because it was iPhone and celebs used it. iPhone started to gain worldwide popularity arround 3GS kicked in when iOS gained bacis functionality and AppStore supplemented where iOS was lacking. Right now WP8 is something like iOS 2 (albeit more advanced, WP still lacks some basic features and that was the main reason of this comparision) - hopefully WP8.1 will adress a lot of basic design issues that are bothering the platform as well as MS expands API for developers to create more advanced apps providing deep system integration with other services.

People that work in marketing constantly forget that while for some people it might be nice to use stuff that their favourite person is using, vast majority won't use something that doesn't suit their needs - and guess what's the answer of some random person asked why she/he won't jump onto WP is not "because it's not Apple", but "it still lacks" (or "it's closed ecosystem and I preffer freedom of Windows Mobile/Android approach" but then again there's NOTHING that would bring these to WP as it is). Which in other words means that they like the design and consider moving over once it's finished. And as former Nokia Lumia 800 user (and L920 and now L1520) I know how much it sucks to be paying for being a betatester - but I simply want for the platform to succeed as it's greatly improved experience over iPhone (which I were using prior to WP devices, and earlier than that mentioned Windows Mobile on HTC).

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, celeb ads are not what attracts people to the system. Celeb ads attract grass hoppers - not a loyal customers... and if you think of gaining market share you need those. Sure some of them might become those loyal customers but other than that there are dozens of better ways to gain those. One of them is improving the system itself. iPhone didn't grant popularity because it was iPhone and celebs used it. iPhone started to gain worldwide popularity arround 3GS kicked in when iOS gained bacis functionality and AppStore supplemented where iOS was lacking. Right now WP8 is something like iOS 2 (albeit more advanced, WP still lacks some basic features and that was the main reason of this comparision) - hopefully WP8.1 will adress a lot of basic design issues that are bothering the platform as well as MS expands API for developers to create more advanced apps providing deep system integration with other services.

People that work in marketing constantly forget that while for some people it might be nice to use stuff that their favourite person is using, vast majority won't use something that doesn't suit their needs - and guess what's the answer of some random person asked why she/he won't jump onto WP is not "because it's not Apple", but "it still lacks" (or "it's closed ecosystem and I preffer freedom of Windows Mobile/Android approach" but then again there's NOTHING that would bring these to WP as it is). Which in other words means that they like the design and consider moving over once it's finished. And as former Nokia Lumia 800 user (and L920 and now L1520) I know how much it sucks to be paying for being a betatester - but I simply want for the platform to succeed as it's greatly improved experience over iPhone (which I were using prior to WP devices, and earlier than that mentioned Windows Mobile on HTC).

What exactly is a loyal customer in today's world? grass hopper or not they have still purchased a device with the possibility of their friends liking it and maybe following suit but i totally get what you mean in regards to loyal customer but that doesn't mean just loyal people can buy the product its for the masses, and yes when the big updates and final tweaks starting rolling out soon i think more people will purchase the product for what it is and can now do, but theirs nothing better than some good PR. :)

Marrond

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
What exactly is a loyal customer in today's world?
Pretty much everything if you're looking at the bigger picture. Grass hoppers are nice for a one-time short, spike-like income boost - they will change their device as soon as their silly idols do so, they're acting like a fake crowd. Steadily increasing userbase on the other hand provides better income and more users in the long term. The one and only error MS did was thinking that they could get away with releasing half-baked system and improving it over the course of 3 years to become somewhat competitive - they just forgot there are no die hard fanboys behind them like it was with Apple.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much everything if you're looking at the bigger picture. Grass hoppers are nice for a one-time short, spike-like income boost - they will change their device as soon as their silly idols do so, they're acting like a fake crowd. Steadily increasing userbase on the other hand provides better income and more users in the long term. The one and only error MS did was thinking that they could get away with releasing half-baked system and improving it over the course of 3 years to become somewhat competitive - they just forgot there are no die hard fanboys behind them like it was with Apple.

100% Marrond.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

They had no choice. They were already 4 years late in the game even 3 years ago. So they had to release what they had and it was more than functional.

Marrond

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
They had no choice. They were already 4 years late in the game even 3 years ago. So they had to release what they had and it was more than functional.
Nothing of that matters for the end-customer. Consumer see that for significant changes he have to wait few months where competition is up to date - choice is simple. When you're late you're launching crunch mode and make updates faster than you're able to release them, not how it goes with current update schedule - especialy since majority of most wanted changes are cosmetic QoL things (i.e. notification center that's finally comming in 8.1 after 3 years of asking).

Whole Hollywood using Windows Phone won't change anything untill system is up to date. Noone wants to pay to be the beta tester.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nothing of that matters for the end-customer. Consumer see that for significant changes he have to wait few months where competition is up to date - choice is simple. When you're late you're launching crunch mode and make updates faster than you're able to release them, not how it goes with current update schedule - especialy since majority of most wanted changes are cosmetic QoL things (i.e. notification center that's finally comming in 8.1 after 3 years of asking).

Whole Hollywood using Windows Phone won't change anything untill system is up to date. Noone wants to pay to be the beta tester.
It ddidn't matter to Microsoft. Windows Phone isn't their core money cow. They have to invest money without making any profits at all. They make 3 times more from Android phones than Windows Phones. Microsoft made it clear in the past that for them this is a marathon, not a sprint. They are not going rush things and create another Android out of this. Apple gave notification in their 4th OS iteration. Windows Phone gets it in this 4th iteration too. No biggy. The power user group will never join a bandwagon just because celebrities use it. These ads are to target those who blindly follow a trend. Good or bad, doesn't matter to them. Microsoft isn't targeting critical thinkers by these ad. Heck, anyone who makes a purchase by looking at any advert isn't thinking critically. Adverts can sell the butter that is not even butter!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes