How do I use find my windowsphone?

JinksyWinksy

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello, my last Windows phone was stolen on Tuesday, so I purchased another one. I am trying to use find my windowsphone and I cannot access the website at all, is anyone else having this issue?

When it comes to clicking onto the drop down menu it works fine, but then when I click onto find my phone it puts me onto a general page where if I proceed to find my phone it launches me onto a help site for the setting up of the phone. Also, on this general page in the bottom right says "sign in with the Microsoft account that you use on your phone." if I click onto this link it infinitely loops and does not let me set up location devices for my phone. I have tried on 3 different browsers.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello, my last Windows phone was stolen on Tuesday, so I purchased another one. I am trying to use find my windowsphone and I cannot access the website at all, is anyone else having this issue?

When it comes to clicking onto the drop down menu it works fine, but then when I click onto find my phone it puts me onto a general page where if I proceed to find my phone it launches me onto a help site for the setting up of the phone. Also, on this general page in the bottom right says "sign in with the Microsoft account that you use on your phone." if I click onto this link it infinitely loops and does not let me set up location devices for my phone. I have tried on 3 different browsers.

Is this in India? I know that some people in India in the forums have issues with find my phone. Also, did you have find my phone set up and/or location disabled to save battery life?

JinksyWinksy

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Is this in India? I know that some people in India in the forums have issues with find my phone. Also, did you have find my phone set up and/or location disabled to save battery life?

Nope, I live in the UK - locational services are on and both boxes are ticked, could it be a web issue

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how useful it is if the phone is stolen. In my experience the police are useless. My daughter had a phone stolen. It was an iPhone but had a similar capability. It took them right to the thief's home. The police wouldn't do anything but knock on the door and ask the thief if the phone was in the house even while looking right at a GPS map showing it inside and apparently even the thief carrying it around inside to hide it. But the criminal mastermind was able to foil our best in blue by saying "no".

JinksyWinksy

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how useful it is if the phone is stolen. In my experience the police are useless. My daughter had a phone stolen. It was an iPhone but had a similar capability. It took them right to the thief's home. The police wouldn't do anything but knock on the door and ask the thief if the phone was in the house even while looking right at a GPS map showing it inside and apparently even the thief carrying it around inside to hide it. But the criminal mastermind was able to foil our best in blue by saying "no".

In my case the police had a search warrent, also, lets get back on topic how do I get it to work

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
In my case the police had a search warrent, also, lets get back on topic how do I get it to work
You log onto your account at the Windows Phone website and click on "Find My Phone" (in the Explore option list). But you seem to know that. What you really want to know is why you can't get to the website and you didn't really give any clues.

JinksyWinksy

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
You log onto your account at the Windows Phone website and click on "Find My Phone" (in the Explore option list). But you seem to know that. What you really want to know is why you can't get to the website and you didn't really give any clues.

What a joke, any idea how to get it fixed?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Off-topic, does find my pho,e require mobile data, or constant internet connection?
FWIW, the setup for the feature includes sending the location to a server periodically and when the phone gets powered off. Don't know if that might give a clue to your question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3