Trying to get a grasp on the Windows Phone App

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
When I used Windows Phone 7, the Zune client would automatically detect any new pictures from my old HTC Arrive since the last time it was connected and transfer them to a "From HTC" folder in my Pictures library, which I know many people loved for its ease and simplicity.

Ever since I went to Windows Phone 8, I've been having trouble with the sync application for all my pictures. On my laptop, I still have the folder "From HTC" with the original files from my WP7 in both a camera roll and saved folder. I'm a stickler for having files with their true original "Created on"" date, so I like to keep them. When I tried to use the WP App to get those original files onto my new WP8, they were placed in a new folder on my phone simply called "My Pictures" instead of being placed in the phone's original Camera Roll and Saved albums. I ended up having to use file explorer to drag my original photos into the phone's Camera Roll and Saved album.
If I try to sync my phone to my computer, I go to "Phone" and "Photos" in the WP App, but everything checked would then be placed in a new folder on my laptop called "From My-WP8-Name", including copies of the old WP7 pictures. Then once again in the WP App, if I try to sync my computer to my phone, those photos that my phone originally put in a brand new folder of their own are again placed in another brand new folder on my phone simply titled "My Pictures".
There's so much back and forth between my phone and my laptop that I hope what I typed makes sense. Bottom line, how can I configure the WP App and my settings to simply have a two way sync with photos between my phone to my computer and back, like how the Zune client used to be. I've ready through all the pages on the Windows Phone site and can't make heads or tails of this.

Another issue is with syncing music. Recently I bought a miniSD card to try and get all my music onto my phone. I've been syncing things slowly, a few albums at a time, to try and get a good grip on how music plays on my phone and to get a feel for the controls, but it seems like every time I sync another album, the WP App also shows that it's deleting or adding pictures. I want to be able to use the WP App sync instead of file explorer, but I just can't seem to figure out how to get a grasp on any of this. I've gone over several how-to pages from the official Windows Phone site and more. Really I'd like to try replacing my old 1st gen iPod touch with my phone to consolidate devices, but the syncing client is so frustrating. Is there anyone who can simply explain what it is I seem to be doing wrong?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I would just stop using the Windows Phone app altogether. I just plug in my Lumia and drag and drop files. I've never had much luck with the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa