Music Duplication Problem Storage problem

Devmer11

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the Music duplication problem but also have a strange problem with my storage the Nokia app shows my usage but the phone doesn't report it WP_20140313.png

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new class 10 card, had the problem. Tried formatting and everything else. Put in my old class 10 card, everything fine. Switch again, problem again. Explains alot to me...

L620 - Tapatalk

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'll tell you, the music info is cached, so do one thing, open your sd card from pc, view hidden files, open wpsystem folder, delete wpsettings file, and restart your phone, problem gone ! :)

Or you can do the same things from pocket file manager... I had done on that...

Another way is, keep all your songs in some other folder like 'pc music' or something like that...

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, I can't delete the file nor the folder. Says its protected. Can't get rid of protected status...

L620 - Tapatalk

someone on the forums deleted it with pocket file manager, though you'll have to spend $2 for it... Or else you can put your sd in a card reader/some non-windows phone, and then do it. It works, he had testified.
You can try a soft reset too, it MIGHT work... Hold volume down+power key for 15-20 seconds, you wont lose any data. This is just a possibility, i dont know whether it would work or not. Do let me know if this works, if it doesn't, then you can either try the first method, or simply cut your music files and keep them in a new folder inside your sd, that would be the end of your troubles...

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Of course I tried reset. I can't delete the file,even with no extra programs made to delete locked files. And no, I don't spend money for that problem, sorry MS :) . If I put them in a new folder, I don't have my playlist anymore...i wait for gdr3 and black, maybe they fix.

L620 - Tapatalk

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Move all of your songs to pc, then restart ur phone and check if all the songs are removed from phone or not. Then paste all the songs back to sd card or phone memory and again restart ur phone. Now your problem would be history. I had the same problem in past.

Don't use zune for transferring songs, you can use default file explorer (My Computer). If you use Windows 8/8.1, you can use windows phone app.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Lol, Zune? What's that :) of course I use WP app for desktop...
But tried this before, after few days the dups are back. I think its the WP desktop app. And the SD card. Ah I don't know and i don't care.

L620 - Tapatalk

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Lol, Zune? What's that :) of course I use WP app for desktop...
But tried this before, after few days the dups are back. I think its the WP desktop app. And the SD card. Ah I don't know and i don't care.

L620 - Tapatalk

it is possible that it is due to the wp app on pc, because i only had duplicates when i used to sync with it, now i just use 'this pc' :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett