mail syncing is very poor

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
...compared to my iPad. If I send a message from my phone via the native mail app through my Yahoo mail account and copy myself, the message does not show up on my wp8 phone, even after pressing the sync button multiple times. It will say updated two seconds ago, yet no message appears in the inbox or in the sent items folder. However, on my iPad, the message is of course immediately available without having to press anything for syncing.

this is really horrible, I have to have my iPad around to use the mail feature in my wp8.

how do you you guys find the synchronization of mail on the windows phone?

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I do find mail synchronization between my 920, my laptop running windows 8.1, and my Lumia 2520 to be very inconsistent, with 1 or 2 of those devices at a time not updating for a long time, or unless I trigger a manual sync. Mail most often goes to my phone, sometimes to my laptop, and very rarely to my tablet. Whether I'm using the device or not does not seem to have an effect on the speed or frequency that mail is received.

I use the same outlook.com account across all 3 devices, and mail on all 3 devices is set to "As items arrive". For comparison, An old blackberry playbook tablet and an HP touchpad that I used to have would receive all mail the second it was sent compared to the speed of my laptop and my 2520.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
While I understand that Yahoo mail is horrible, I don't really understand your comment.

Don't even see why Yahoo is horrible, I got my Nokia mail address years ago with my N8. Never had any trouble accessing it from anywhere, unlike my ISP email which is awful and I've ditched my Gmail.
The only thing I don't like is the mail app on the phone drops emails off the bottom of the list, when sometimes I'd like to refer to the older ones.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't even see why Yahoo is horrible, I got my Nokia mail address years ago with my N8. Never had any trouble accessing it from anywhere, unlike my ISP email which is awful and I've ditched my Gmail.
The only thing I don't like is the mail app on the phone drops emails off the bottom of the list, when sometimes I'd like to refer to the older ones.

Well, experiences differ, I guess.
I was referring to its web client. I'm willing to admit that I've had no issues with it on my phone (apart from the fact that it occasionally gets flooded with spam from Google.)

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
...compared to my iPad. If I send a message from my phone via the native mail app through my Yahoo mail account and copy myself, the message does not show up on my wp8 phone, even after pressing the sync button multiple times. It will say updated two seconds ago, yet no message appears in the inbox or in the sent items folder. However, on my iPad, the message is of course immediately available without having to press anything for syncing.

this is really horrible, I have to have my iPad around to use the mail feature in my wp8.

how do you you guys find the synchronization of mail on the windows phone?

I find that my push accounts register email within seconds on both my Surface Pro 2 and Lumia 928. For my office email which is based upon an older standard, messages post on my phone before they show up on my desktop. In fact, they show up in order on 1) the phone, 2) the Surface, and 3) the conventional desktop. I observed the same when I used a Lumia 822.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos