windows phones on TV

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed several tv shoes lately featuring characters using windows phones. Seems Microsoft is doing a lot to make the phone visible. The two shows I have noticed it on most are Hawaii 5-0 and Dallas. Did anyone watch the last episode of Dallas? What model phone was John Ross using??

what do people think, is this helping promote the platform?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
lol, my parents love Dallas (they've been watching it since the original run), but I've never gotten into it. I noticed that they all use Lumias and Surfaces on Parks and Recreation, and all of the doctors on Grey's Anatomy use Surfaces as well. I can't imagine that these product placements would make someone say "OMG I NEED THAT DEVICE," but it could get someone curious enough to check it out, and maybe lead to a conversion somewhere down the road.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I recently saw a car insurance commercial where the mother was taking pictures of her car damage with an Android phone and her son was using a Lumia.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed several tv shoes lately featuring characters using windows phones. Seems Microsoft is doing a lot to make the phone visible. The two shows I have noticed it on most are Hawaii 5-0 and Dallas. Did anyone watch the last episode of Dallas? What model phone was John Ross using??

what do people think, is this helping promote the platform?

John Ross is using a 925 and Rebecca is using a 1020. She was also using a Surface in this week's episode.

I do think it's helping the platform, just getting it some visual recognition instead of a "what's that?" I think is helpful. I live in iPhone territory, I' I've seen it on several shows but Dallas and Scandal come to mind the most.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Mindy Project uses Lumias pretty much exclusively. Don't ask how I know....
Abroad, there is a popular sitcom in Russia called Kitchen, that also uses a lot of Lumias

Raina726

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe for a minute that Olivia Pope would use a Windows Phone! Having just discarded mine and gone back to IPhone, I don't think Windows has a chance of denting the Apple market. While Windows is better than some, it's no IPhone.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yellow 1020 on Vampire Diaries, few shows in the UK like Eastenders etc. Hollyoaks is littered with them as I'm sure it's sponsored by Nokia (or erm was)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos