Is there a way to make Music on Lockscreen work like in WP7?

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I know that Mango for WP7 brought native Music Controls on the Lockscreen and changing album art, or w/e, maybe just displaying the album art on the lockscreen.

This does not happen on WP8. I have enabled Music Controls in the Lockscreen settings but I don't see anything special when I play music from the Music+Videos default player. All my music is properly tagged and a have the correct cover art for every album. However, every time I'm playing music and I look to my lockscreen, there is a generic gray background with the usual Music Controls, as they appear everywhere in the OS. The buttons are NOT included in the lockscreen, it's just the normal overlay.

Does anyone know why this happens or what can I do to change this?

PS: Nokia MixRadio isn't supported in my country, so I couldn't use this, if you were to suggest it.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I know that Mango for WP7 brought native Music Controls on the Lockscreen and changing album art, or w/e, maybe just displaying the album art on the lockscreen.

This does not happen on WP8. I have enabled Music Controls in the Lockscreen settings but I don't see anything special when I play music from the Music+Videos default player. All my music is properly tagged and a have the correct cover art for every album. However, every time I'm playing music and I look to my lockscreen, there is a generic gray background with the usual Music Controls, as they appear everywhere in the OS. The buttons are NOT included in the lockscreen, it's just the normal overlay.

PS: Nokia MixRadio isn't supported in my country, so I couldn't use this, if you were to suggest it.

WP8 uses Artist Art as Wallpaper.. so it must be available for the song being played.. Music controls are Overlayed

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Are you connected with Xbox Music under settings? If that isn't available in your country, you'll need to add artist art manually. You can do that using the app "MPA Tool" which can be found in the Store.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Use MPA TOOL from wp market to download pics of artists

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Wait wait wait.

WP8 can still do this, but not with ALBUM art? It does it only with artist art? Like pictures of the band? Hmm. I used only MP3tag to add proper album covers. I didn't even think about the artist art.

Can I add a single pic for the artist art or .... ?

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Wait wait wait.

WP8 can still do this, but not with ALBUM art? It does it only with artist art? Like pictures of the band? Hmm. I used only MP3tag to add proper album covers. I didn't even think about the artist art.

Can I add a single pic for the artist art or .... ?

For me, WP (7.5, 7.8 and WP8) always showed an artist picture on the lockscreen, Album art was only visible in the player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs