New phone: questions

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
People,

I got my mom a 525 and I own a 720. Since I wasn't able to tie my Ms-Id to the 525, I created a new Ms-ID for her and added her to the family option to my account.

The problem is after setting her as a kid, I'm not able to get my list of apps to her phone. I have several paid and free apps through myappfree and Appdeals.

How do I go about it? Please any suggestions?

The quicker the better, as I have to leave for the college in around 2-3days.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
when you add someone in kid (family account ) , they are not able to purchase apps , you have to remove her id from family account to download and make purchases from store.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I did that. The problem is my live id has my college/work mails forwarded to it (they use gmail which I hate to open). Hence I cant set it up as the main Ms account on her phone.
But she needs some apps which I have on my phone.

Don't we have a system like in iOS, a person gets/buys an app and his device list gets the app auto-synched to it? That is: I buys an app, my entire series of devices gets the app.

Same here, I have her account put into mine, can I reinstall my bought apps to her phone?

I'm asking this as there is no point in buying again and again the apps I have already got. There should be a method of a family having a common app which they paid for once.

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I did that. The problem is my live id has my college/work mails forwarded to it (they use gmail which I hate to open). Hence I cant set it up as the main Ms account on her phone.
But she needs some apps which I have on my phone.

Don't we have a system like in iOS, a person gets/buys an app and his device list gets the app auto-synched to it? That is: I buys an app, my entire series of devices gets the app.

Same here, I have her account put into mine, can I reinstall my bought apps to her phone?

so you are trying to say that you have some great apps you got for free and now they are paid , your mom love those apps and she want them on her new Lumia 525 , you have tied your account in her new phone but you don't want your personal mail(live id I guess here ) to get synced on her phone , for that you can always un-tick email sync option , go to phone settings->email+accounts->Microsoft id->un-tick email or contacts whatever you don't want to sync on her new phone.
sadly wp don't have a system like ios but you could have done this while setting up her new phone , you could have opted your phone backup which does include list of applications installed on your phone

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
In short, unless you use your Microsoft on your mother's phone, she cannot get the paid apps. Call it a limitation of Microsoft's policies, if you will, but this is how it works. Also, it's not entirely legal for two different individuals to use the same Microsoft account, but I doubt you care about that.

Last edited:

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Himanshu, I added a new account, unsynched my contacts, imported the csv file into her account, hence that issue is solved.

Eh, lets see how that pans out.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
In short, unless you use your Microsoft on your mother's phone, she cannot get the paid apps. Call it a limitation of Microsoft's policies, if you will, but this is how it works. Also, it's not entirely legal for two different individuals to use the same Microsoft account, but I doubt you care about that.

It is sad unfortunately. *sighs*. I really hope that Ms could revise their policies in Wp8.1 and make it kinda similar to W8, for store bought apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss