People,

I got my mom a 525 and I own a 720. Since I wasn't able to tie my Ms-Id to the 525, I created a new Ms-ID for her and added her to the family option to my account.

The problem is after setting her as a kid, I'm not able to get my list of apps to her phone. I have several paid and free apps through myappfree and Appdeals.

How do I go about it? Please any suggestions?

The quicker the better, as I have to leave for the college in around 2-3days.
    03-21-2014 12:35 AM
    when you add someone in kid (family account ) , they are not able to purchase apps , you have to remove her id from family account to download and make purchases from store.
    03-21-2014 01:05 AM
    Ok, I did that. The problem is my live id has my college/work mails forwarded to it (they use gmail which I hate to open). Hence I cant set it up as the main Ms account on her phone.
    But she needs some apps which I have on my phone.

Don't we have a system like in iOS, a person gets/buys an app and his device list gets the app auto-synched to it? That is: I buys an app, my entire series of devices gets the app.

Same here, I have her account put into mine, can I reinstall my bought apps to her phone?

I'm asking this as there is no point in buying again and again the apps I have already got. There should be a method of a family having a common app which they paid for once.
    Last edited by hs k; 03-21-2014 at 04:00 AM.
    03-21-2014 03:48 AM
    Ok, I did that. The problem is my live id has my college/work mails forwarded to it (they use gmail which I hate to open). Hence I cant set it up as the main Ms account on her phone.
    But she needs some apps which I have on my phone.

Don't we have a system like in iOS, a person gets/buys an app and his device list gets the app auto-synched to it? That is: I buys an app, my entire series of devices gets the app.

Same here, I have her account put into mine, can I reinstall my bought apps to her phone?
    so you are trying to say that you have some great apps you got for free and now they are paid , your mom love those apps and she want them on her new Lumia 525 , you have tied your account in her new phone but you don't want your personal mail(live id I guess here ) to get synced on her phone , for that you can always un-tick email sync option , go to phone settings->email+accounts->Microsoft id->un-tick email or contacts whatever you don't want to sync on her new phone.
    sadly wp don't have a system like ios but you could have done this while setting up her new phone , you could have opted your phone backup which does include list of applications installed on your phone
    03-21-2014 04:00 AM
    In short, unless you use your Microsoft on your mother's phone, she cannot get the paid apps. Call it a limitation of Microsoft's policies, if you will, but this is how it works. Also, it's not entirely legal for two different individuals to use the same Microsoft account, but I doubt you care about that.
    Last edited by shmsnh; 03-21-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-21-2014 08:45 AM
    Thanks Himanshu, I added a new account, unsynched my contacts, imported the csv file into her account, hence that issue is solved.

Eh, lets see how that pans out.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    03-22-2014 03:16 AM
    In short, unless you use your Microsoft on your mother's phone, she cannot get the paid apps. Call it a limitation of Microsoft's policies, if you will, but this is how it works. Also, it's not entirely legal for two different individuals to use the same Microsoft account, but I doubt you care about that.
    It is sad unfortunately. *sighs*. I really hope that Ms could revise their policies in Wp8.1 and make it kinda similar to W8, for store bought apps.
    03-22-2014 03:19 AM