I lost all my sms in nokia lumia 625

Vijay Varma1

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Every one,
Recently I got Email from Microsoft that "As part of our work to improve Skype's chat experience, we're removing the Messaging history folder from Outlook.com.
If you want to keep your chat history, you'll need to move it to another folder as soon as possible". So that I migrated all my chat history from Messaging history folder to new folder, When Migration completed I lost all my SMS in my mobile. So how should I get all SMS back

Thanks in advance
VijayVarma

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you manipulate the URL for Outlook.com to allow you to view your sms message online?

Like mentioned in http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ow-look-view-text-message-backup-outlook.html

If so, you've moved all of your SMS messages away from where they should be. To restore them on your phone, move those messages back again then use Outlook.com without changing the URL (so SMS messages are invisible) and run the backup steps again.

If your SMS messages weren't visible in Outlook.com, I don't know what the issue is. I've run through the same steps myself and have all my SMS messages. I've not seen anyone else report this same issue except when they've forced the view of SMS messages in Outlook.com.

And, is the date/time set up correctly on your phone?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon