google mail

Zmei2014

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I have just upgraded from a Lumia 920 to a Lumia 1020. Everything went ok, I restored my configurations, I input my password for the google account (gmail), and the mail got sync.

But, after that, I haven't been able to sync my google mail or calendar for that matter, since.

I get several error messages, from we can't connect to imap.google.com:993:1 to we had a problem downloading your messages be sure you have a connection going.

On my 920 there were no problems with google at all, and the first time, the 1020 was able to sync with google. What might have happened?

Edit to add: I have an internet connection, my outlook mail sync just fine. Also, forwarding the gmail content to outlook is not an option.

Best regards,

Zmei2014

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
As simple as it may seem, that actually solved my problem.

Thanks!

I just wonder why I got the imap.google.com settings, instead of the gmail ones.

It works now, thats what matters.

zmei2012

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
And when I thought that It was all Ok, Now, the new address fails the same way as before.

Same error Cannot connect to imap.gmail.com:933:1. It worked for a few minutes, but then it stoped.

Since I have 2 factor authentication on google, its not that easy to be changing servers and inputing the password (as it is randomly generated by google, and not chosen by me).

Any takers on why this is happening?

Regards,

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
With two-factor authentication, you need to go to the gmail settings and get an app password to sign in with. I did this via the desktop gmail site on my PC.

Pavan Kunala

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
As 6029KingStephen mentioned, you need to go Google "Account settings" and generate an application specific password and enter it in your Lumia 1020. This is an one time activity. Good Luck!!

images.jpg

zmei2012

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had 2 factor auth for several months now, in google. And while I had my 920, everything worked fine.

The password I use for google is the app password not "my" password. Beside, the first time I change servers and input the password it all works great. its just after a few minutes (10? 30? I'm not really sure how much, that the sync problems start occuring).

At the moment I stoped syncing the email, but the Calendar from Gmail updates normally (every 15 mins) using calDav.

Not having access to my google mail is really bad.

If any of you has any other guesses as this might be happening, let me know.

Thanks.

zmei2012

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
And, like I said many times, the problem is not the password. If the problem was the password it wouldn't sync the first time and then stop. The calendar would not sync normally.

I have already created 3 or 4 passwords just for this, and the same thing happens over and over. Syncs the first time, and then stops.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
And, like I said many times, the problem is not the password. If the problem was the password it wouldn't sync the first time and then stop. The calendar would not sync normally.

I have already created 3 or 4 passwords just for this, and the same thing happens over and over. Syncs the first time, and then stops.
I don't get why it worked the first time either. Clearly the password is correct. For giggles though, what happens if you turn off 2 factor auth?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss