how do u check for app updates?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
hi one thing that puzzled me with my win phone is how do i know when there is an app update available?
when i randomly select an app from windows store that i have already installed i sometimes see the "update" option in that. but i dont get any notification that update is available for that.{happened today with story teller app}
only time i got any kind of notification was few weeks after i got the phone .when i opened the store it showed 17 updates .

so my question is should i check each app i installed individually for updates time to time or is there anyway i can get any kind of notification when an app update is available?

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
akthelonelyman, I have tried both apps but like Lumia Pusher better. Unable to tell which phone you have but SysApp Pusher checks apps for Samsung, HTC and Nokia. Being a Lumia 928 user, Lumia Pusher is tailored to my specific needs. I have included links to both the free version and Pro ($0.99). I like to support the developers of quality apps and Lumia Pusher is such an app. There is an option to save your customized list to OneDrive. The Pro version sorts your added apps alphabetically (a really nice feature).

Lumia Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Lumia Pusher PRO | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
akthelonelyman, I have tried both apps but like Lumia Pusher better. Unable to tell which phone you have but SysApp Pusher checks apps for Samsung, HTC and Nokia. Being a Lumia 928 user, Lumia Pusher is tailored to my specific needs. I have included links to both the free version and Pro ($0.99). I like to support the developers of quality apps and Lumia Pusher is such an app. There is an option to save your customized list to OneDrive. The Pro version sorts your added apps alphabetically (a really nice feature).

Lumia Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Lumia Pusher PRO | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
will give a try.is it only for Lumia exclusive apps or does it include all apps?

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Friend Mee Too Recomend Sys App Pusher, recently installed and known updates for my LUMIA 520... Best App for App updates checking and updating.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
There's no need for a special app for this. Don't You get the notification automatically from the Store app? The Tile for it displays a number once there is an update available for any of the apps installed on the phone.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
There's no need for a special app for this. Don't You get the notification automatically from the Store app? The Tile for it displays a number once there is an update available for any of the apps installed on the phone.
posted this query coz its so random i get it only after the updated apps have been available for a long time..said that clearly in my op

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The best thing would be to fix your phone and get it working, instead of fixing symtoms here....! There are many threads in this forum to make it work.

But who knows, maybe it works with WP8.1

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The best thing would be to fix your phone and get it working, instead of fixing symtoms here....! There are many threads in this forum to make it work.

But who knows, maybe it works with WP8.1
i checked the threads.not looking to do that date trick.almost messed several subscriptions in various apps when i tried to clear temp files changing the date.i haven't seen any other methods mentioned.Yeah and i hope they fix the bug in 8.1.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The windows phone store only checks for updates once a day. I still don't know if and how we can influence that time it checks for updates, but my phone used to tell me pretty much precisely at 5 pm if updates were available. When you open the store page for an app, though, the phone checks this particular app for updates at that point so that's why you can sometimes find updates in the store that the tile did not notify you of.

Now, last week these notifications stopped working for some reason, but I fixed that by unpinning the store from the start screen for a few hours then did a soft reset and re-pinned the store. Gonna see what time it checks for updates tomorrow

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
mine always works perfectly (2 lumia 720s and a 820)
whereas my friends 620 always has these issues and his own brothers 520 works better than my friends 620
its like a game of luck i guess lol :D

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You're supposed to get the number of available updates if you have the store tile pinned to start. The phone checks once every twenty-four hours for app updates, and if you don't know when it does this, you will need an always-on data connection. If it never shows updates, I can confirm that the date trick works.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The windows phone store only checks for updates once a day. I still don't know if and how we can influence that time it checks for updates, but my phone used to tell me pretty much precisely at 5 pm if updates were available. When you open the store page for an app, though, the phone checks this particular app for updates at that point so that's why you can sometimes find updates in the store that the tile did not notify you of.

Now, last week these notifications stopped working for some reason, but I fixed that by unpinning the store from the start screen for a few hours then did a soft reset and re-pinned the store. Gonna see what time it checks for updates tomorrow

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

Who really needs any more than that. Up-to-the-minute updates are a bit OCD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750