Pairing via BT with car audio

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 928 since launch and the same car during that time. My question is, Has anyone been able to sync their contacts in their phone with their car audio? Any car, any phone combo.
My car will say it has sync'd contacts, but when you go to the address book, there are no contacts. This all worked ONCE. After the first time, it has never worked since. I can do everything else with the BT pairing, send text messages, stream audio, even look at pics on the phone. I just can't seem to get it to download the contacts from the phone to the car.

Anyone? Thanks.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have successfully done this with two different windows phones. HTC 8x and Lumia ICON. I have a 2011 Ford Focus with Sync. Different manufacturers use different radios and different OS's. So the experience can be different. What vehicle and or system does your car radio use?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
2012 Kia Optima Hybrid with the Tech Package. Ironically, that system is supposed to be based on Windows on the back end. ;-)

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a Honda CRV and have been able to transfer contacts with two different Android phones but cannot get it to work with my 822. It works fine hands free, just can't sync contacts.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have an aftermarket radio in my 07 Jeep that works flawlessly. My brother-in-laws base model 2014 Tacoma also works flawlessly but, my sisters 2014 Tundra, limited series crew cab loaded to the gills, will not sync correctly whatsoever unless We remove her iPhone and sync with just mine. Her previous car 2013 Camry would not sync contacts either.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so recently I was on a business trip and the car had BT abilities. On a whim, I asked the driver to pair my phone with the BT of the car. He said sure. BAM! It connected and sync'd all the contacts and phone history. Also, what was interesting was when I had my driver check the settings, I could see the phone supported a ton of three letter acronyms that I didn't recognize. That means the phone and the BT in the car are talking!!! This is REALLY good news! It's the tech stack in my car and not the phone!

Guess it's time to get a new car. ;-)

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so recently I was on a business trip and the car had BT abilities. On a whim, I asked the driver to pair my phone with the BT of the car. He said sure. BAM! It connected and sync'd all the contacts and phone history. Also, what was interesting was when I had my driver check the settings, I could see the phone supported a ton of three letter acronyms that I didn't recognize. That means the phone and the BT in the car are talking!!! This is REALLY good news! It's the tech stack in my car and not the phone!

Guess it's time to get a new car. ;-)
I sort of figured the same thing, that the problem has more to do with my car than my Lumia. Good piece of info. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven