Apps not updating? Click here for the solution, you will be amazed!

Mistabullit

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Hope you like the link bait title for this one. I was having an issue where the app store was no longer telling me when apps were ready for updating. It had been 2 weeks without a whisper from my phone. So I began looking through the forums, sadly at the time there was no solution that worked, and I was having to manually search for and then update each one. The WPCentral app helped when the big apps were updating, but they were missing the odd update too. Which is fair enough, the store is spilling with content at the moment, who can keep up?

A simple solution appeared on this support thread on the weekend.

Windows Phone 8 store not showing app updates on live tile - Microsoft Community

Basically, choose your Hotmail/outlook account attached to your store. Then change the "Frequency of Updates", I had mine set at every 30 minutes, I dropped it to 15. Then, turn your phone off and on (No soft reset required).

Brilliant!

Hopefully the Windows Phone team fix this with the next version, but this is by far the easiest solution I have read and it worked fine for me. Can anyone else verify?

..Mistabullit

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
but one cal also use a free app called sysapppusher to manually check for app updates
windows phone 8.1 store will get many new features like check apps for update (no more waiting ) , auto update of apps on Wi-Fi :)

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it. What frequency should I change? The updates of my mail account??
I mean, I have no problems with updates, but I would like to know.

And I don't like sysapppushrr. I want my store updates to work. Done.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks alot. Can you please explain now how that works? Normally I understand quickly but this I don't get. Where exactly are these settings and which settings do you mean? I understand you mean the sync settings for emails!?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
he must be talking about the email.......when you go there it says the time frame as to when the account sync.....he was on 30 min then dropped it to 15.....and I got mine as item arrive

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes I know, that's what I said as well!

But when I had problems, I changed that as well, because I always do it when I don't expect/want many mails (weekend). But still it didn't help.
So I really think this is not a solution. And logically...why should it be? Store checks ONCE a day, always at the same time! Changing the mail would make no sense....
But please, proof me wrong!

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
My solution btw was: remove phone from windowsphone.com and do hard reset. That's annoying but it works. Forever!
All these other tips I tries as well, changing time zone, unpin, aodt reset, delete temp files, blabla...fixed it maybe for few days... But not longer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium