Need answers to few questions :-)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Friends,
I know WP has few limitations and whenever I think of those limitations, question poked into my thoughts as "WHY, MS brings in those limitations?"
for eg:

[1] I know whatsapp cannot help us to attach media files such as MP3 or Videos from phone library. They say, if MS will allow whatsapp to access media files, then its a security violation or something that MS does not want to deal with. I mean, if MS allows third party apps to access pictures from gallery/pictures hub, then what's the issue with allowing them to use media files(Audio/Video) herewith? Seriously, I don't get it. Can anyone give me exact logic behind it?

[2] I can't even send a saved ringtone to someone!! Again, is there a security issue????

[3] When I enlarge the Music+Videos tile, it shows me Artist marquee and does not allow me to change it as song name/album name. I tried to drill through various settings, but could not find any way out. How can I achieve it?

- Ashish

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ashish ! I will try my best to answer your questions :)
1.those limitations will be somehow removed in windows phone 8.1 , whatsapp team is working hard to bring more features on windows phone , for instance with the recent updates one can attach videos from gallery , multi select images from camera roll and send them to contacts , whatsapp beta has the ability to send audio to contacts but this feature is not yet arrived in regular version.
2. windows phone 8.1 will open up gates for this.
3.you must be getting a grey tile with artist/album name , that's because your music file does not have proper tags , try adding them using your computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium