Hi Friends,
    I know WP has few limitations and whenever I think of those limitations, question poked into my thoughts as "WHY, MS brings in those limitations?"
    for eg:

[1] I know whatsapp cannot help us to attach media files such as MP3 or Videos from phone library. They say, if MS will allow whatsapp to access media files, then its a security violation or something that MS does not want to deal with. I mean, if MS allows third party apps to access pictures from gallery/pictures hub, then what's the issue with allowing them to use media files(Audio/Video) herewith? Seriously, I don't get it. Can anyone give me exact logic behind it?

[2] I can't even send a saved ringtone to someone!! Again, is there a security issue????

[3] When I enlarge the Music+Videos tile, it shows me Artist marquee and does not allow me to change it as song name/album name. I tried to drill through various settings, but could not find any way out. How can I achieve it?

- Ashish
    03-25-2014 11:22 AM
    Hey Ashish ! I will try my best to answer your questions :)
    1.those limitations will be somehow removed in windows phone 8.1 , whatsapp team is working hard to bring more features on windows phone , for instance with the recent updates one can attach videos from gallery , multi select images from camera roll and send them to contacts , whatsapp beta has the ability to send audio to contacts but this feature is not yet arrived in regular version.
    2. windows phone 8.1 will open up gates for this.
    3.you must be getting a grey tile with artist/album name , that's because your music file does not have proper tags , try adding them using your computer.
    Ashish Gupta888 and inaj like this.
    03-25-2014 11:35 AM
    Sounds great :-)
    I'll try to tag the music using computer and will see it then.
    03-25-2014 11:40 AM
    Seriously, I don't get it. Can anyone give me exact logic behind it?
    Wrong requirements analysis and bad choices. Hopefully, they have learned the lesson.
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    03-25-2014 11:47 AM
    Wrong requirements analysis and bad choices. Hopefully, they have learned the lesson.
    yes , windows phone 8.1 SDK is the proof ;)
    03-25-2014 11:51 AM
    WP8.1 leaks aren't enough for me. They only partially fill the gap with competitors. The lesson is harder :D
    03-25-2014 01:57 PM